Best 15 in lightweight? Kosei K1 vs TrMotorsports C1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C3M's!!!!

I'm so excited about this wheel. 15x9, 15.6#, and $500 shipped to your door.

The bad is that it's a Miata wheel so it has a +36 offset and hub-centric to 67.1mm, but who cares? I know I don't.

Hopefully the fact of needing spacers will give me ample clearance for my BBK.

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
      C3M's!!!!
      When will these be available? They may be too hard to resist.

Comment

Are there some steamroller tires available for 15x9? Just wondering.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
          245/50/15's from Hoosier...or if you're mad, try their 275/35/15, which are also 3 pounds lighter!

Hoosier says 9-11'' wheels will do :)

Comment

both 225/45 and 275/35 hoosier would fit, but 9" isnt really ideal for either.

EDIT The 245 is way too tall for an E30 and only .3" wider than the 225.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
              When will these be available? They may be too hard to resist.
              Based on the website they are already available, but when I called today the guy was saying it wasn't in his particular inventory.

He also reminded me five times that they aren't recommended for my E30. :giggle:

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                EDIT The 245 is way too tall for an E30 and only .3" wider than the 225.
                These are Hoosiers...I'me sure they're 3.0'' wider...lol, jk.

But seriously, unless Hoosiers also run taller as they do wider, they will be fine.

I ran 245/45/16's for a long time and they worked out fine and they calculate out to being JUST barely taller than the 245/50/15.

But I'll agree that it may not be worth the height for the extra width.

Edit: whats the low-down on getting 275's to fit. What wheel width and offsets are people using to clear the struts?

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
                  C3M's!!!!

I'm so excited about this wheel. 15x9, 15.6#, and $500 shipped to your door.

The bad is that it's a Miata wheel so it has a +36 offset and hub-centric to 67.1mm, but who cares? I know I don't.

Hopefully the fact of needing spacers will give me ample clearance for my BBK.
                  Holy shit, this looks fucking awesome. It would be perfect in like... 15x8.5, but they somewhat resemble Hartges (thin 10-spoke). I'd have to find an appropriately sized tire, but I'd be down for a set for sure. These look way better than the C1.

Thanks Mazur, you just made the decision as to what my next wheel is going to be. Nobody really likes 20mm spacers, but who cares. :p
                  Last edited by Wh33lhop; 03-09-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

pro-race 1.3 from bimmerworld ftw. picked up a set for my spec e30.
                    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                    '91 SpecE30 #523
                    '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                      Nobody really likes 20mm spacers, but who cares. :p
                      15x9 ET 36 is going to require more than a 20mm spacer.

More like a 30-35mm 4x100 to 4x100 adapter.

My 17x7.5" Et 37 SSRs need 15/20 f/r spacers. Now I just need to get off my ass and put them on the car.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I'm a fan of the 6ULs. Eventually I want to get some 15x8s or maybe 15x9s and another set of hoosiers. I really miss lightweight tires, the 235 R888s are nice but they're a bit heavy.

don't forget about the 235/50-15 R888s ;)
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

While on the R888 discussion who has the best prices currently on them? I was planning on trying these.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I can get them with our local club discount for about $150 each, but that doesn't help you!
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              While on the R888 discussion who has the best prices currently on them? I was planning on trying these.
                              why? Just get RA-1s. best prices at Phil's Tire Service. They carry R-888 too if you must have them :)
                              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                              '91 SpecE30 #523
                              '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Because I plan to street drive them as well. R888's are less than R1's R1's are not available in 235-50-15 either if I remember correctly. I don't want a stretched tire and these suit my 15x9 BBS RS been waiting for some decent sized tires.
                                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X