No announcement yet.

██ WARNING: DDM TUNING HID's - only sells 4 colors. ███

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"that's wut you boys get fer buyin' them new-fangled, queer fuckin' lights."
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
      I just checked my original packaging(I still have it) and it says cq-22. That should be 4700k - yet mine are blue. Urrrr.

I have these as well, and while their business practices suck. The bulbs do even out in colour.

Mine were about a 6-7k blue when I first fired them, after a week they were much whiter, so much so that if I had not seen this thread, I would have totally fell for the 4300k.

Mine are now 2 years old and are very white with even a slight tinge of yellow.

Hope you can get this resolved. I for one wont bother, they are still working and are white enough for me.
      88 M3
      90 325is
      91 M5

Comment

I have the 5000k in my lows and the 4500k in my fogs, that means I have 7000k in the lows and 4700k in the fogs?

They look ok to me, the lows are slightly bluer than I thought they'd be, but they look like a clean white once warmed up.

Ive had the lows for about a year and a half and they've been in 2 different cars, no issues. I cant be too mad about the $40 I spent and the lifetime warranty.
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by ebelements
        Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          They must have bumped me up to 6000/8000k. I'm sure the lazy guys there couldn't bother to reach over that far on the shelf.
          made me lol

but re the coilovers least they refunded them

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
          "that's wut you boys get fer buyin' them new-fangled, queer fuckin' lights."
          also made me lol
          RIP 84 323i coupe 5spd w/ 14psi
          89' 318i

Comment

What kind should i buy. So many to choose from ?

Thanks
            BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

Well, this explains why my "4500K" headlights look so blue. Time to find some proper bulbs.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
                so wait... When i ordered my 6000k kit a few years ago, and thought to myself "these are bluer then i thought they would be".... I was actually getting 7000k bulbs? Well that explains it.

Funny enough, i am still on the same bulbs... 2 years later.

Dave
                +1
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

I've never had anything wrong with my DDM kits either. I think most of the time the guys that are having flickering problems need to do some rewiring. The ballasts or the bulbs are not the problem

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                  Instagram:
                  https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                  LS Build Thread:
                  https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

i have the 4700k and i love em. i actually ordered the 6000k but im actually glad now that i didnt get that. my lights are white with a slight hint of blue and i wouldnt want to go any bluer/purpler. is that a word? :giggle: anyways nice thread its good for potential buyers to know what theyre actually getting

Comment

Friend of mine had issues with some headlights, was banned from BF.c for posting on the quality issues. It sucks that all of the places where ddm has such a great name are really because people are deleting all of the bad results.

Comment

These people are fucking shady and that article is true 100%.

I live 30 miles out of DDM located in Hunington Beach and here's my experience with my friend:

We went in to buy HID bulbs for my friend's 335i since the car already comes with Ballasts. He wanted 55w 6k. I go in and tell them specifically what we need, D1S 6k 55w bulbs. The dolt goes to the back room and gives us a package with the bulbs with what looked like a freshly put sticker saying "6k" because it was bent and peeling off on one side and still sticky to the touch.
                        We went through the transaction and I opened the box in front of them and on the bulbs it read "8000k". Right away I called them out saying politely they gave us the wrong hue of color. He responded thinking we are stupid saying, "Oh, it's just a manufacture part #". I told him, um no, can you please give us the correct color and check again. He went to the back room, took the bulbs out of the box and blatantly saw him put a "6k" sticker on each of the bulbs that looked exactly like the sticker outside on the box that was peeling.

He gave us the box saying "Here ya go." I open the box and tell him what the point was to put a sticker over the "8000k manufacture #" with a 6k sticker if it's just a "manufacture #"... He then backed himself up saying it's just a manufacture number totally ignoring my point... Then he starts telling us that 8k might be a good idea with the 55w because it washes out the color and we won't find cheaper bulbs. He is now backpedaling. What the fuck right?

We leave the place with a whatever attitude and end up just taking the bulbs. I open the box for the second time and take a look at the bulbs again flipping them over only to see it say "35w"...

We make a u-turn and head back pissed and tell him that he again is giving us the wrong product. He AGAIN says "hurr durr are you looking at the manufacture bla bla?", we cut him off saying we're not idiots and tell him to give us a refund for the lies and just leave the place.

So yes, DDM is full of bullshit with false advertisement.
                        Last edited by ak-; 11-06-2010, 06:55 PM.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

So, is there anywhere else that one can get rebased H1 HID bulbs of the PROPER color? I do not want to hack up my Euro ellipsoids to fit D1S bulbs. I really need 4500K lights...the ones that I have are at least 5000K, and the light output is slightly disappointing (35W, not going to use 55W for the sake of other drivers).

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by FKNFASTM5 View Post
                            sorry to hear this dude.

Wanna set the place on fire?
                            Full Scene version of one of my favorite comedy movie clips of all time. Anthony Andersen delivers a classic as a disgruntled employee of "Burger Shack" in t...

Comment

I've bought 2 sets of HID's from DDM and never had a problem. rather happy with the product if I may; But I also didnt expect more than what a $40 kit might deliver. next time I'll probably still buy from them (HIDs that is).
                              Driving:1990 325iS, 2007 335i :devil:
                              past BMWs: 1987 325iS turbo, 1989 325i, 1995 525i, 2000 328CI, 2001 540i, 2008 135i

Comment

I have a set of their 55w hi-lo h4's in 5000k in my e28 (with the hella h-4 conversions), and they have worked great for over 2 years.
                                i also have a set of their 35w 4500k h1's in my 2010 silverado, those have worked great since i installed them 8 months ago.

both sets have a short "warm-up" time, maybe 15 secs. they come on blue, then turn white and stay that way.
                                Originally posted by BillBrasky
                                That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
                                Originally posted by acolella76
                                i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
                                2007 CVPI, stock and slow
                                1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
                                1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
                                Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X