Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of installed offset CABs?

Comment

I went today to a few shops and they all said my rotors were to thin or they don't cut BMW rotors -__-

Comment

Yup. This is why it isn't a good idea to buy used rotors. You should throw those in the trash.

Cutting rotors is the equivalent to resurfacing them, but it also removes the lip at the outer edge.

Get the part numbers from real OEM for the euro m-coupe rotors and run gem through rm European. You should be able to get them at a pretty good price and have some balling ass brakes.
        sigpic
        Gun control means using both hands
        Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

I have Brembo aftermarket replacement M3 rotors on mine and they were only about 50 bucks each.
          Also Im running 16" BBS RK wheels, not RS's but might be similar clearance. I had to put the stick on weights on the outside wheel lip which looks dumb but they will hit the caliper if i use them on the inside

Comment

BTW, if your going to M3 front brakes, and keeping the 318ti rear brakes, your brake bias will be biased MUCH too far forward. The only kit out there to fix it is Lee's kit as seen here: http://www.massivebrakes.com/brake-s...318ti_rear_310

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
              BTW, if your going to M3 front brakes, and keeping the 318ti rear brakes, your brake bias will be biased MUCH too far forward. The only kit out there to fix it is Lee's kit as seen here: http://www.massivebrakes.com/brake-s...318ti_rear_310

Or you can just get a brake bias adjusting valve...

Comment

Get Lee's setup if you cannot afford M-Coupe rears. Even with a proportioning valve the 318ti rear is just too small. If you are going five lug then most likely you are going with 16" or 17" wheels as these are the sizes that look best on an e30. The 318ti brakes look puny behind the larger wheels. Once again Lee's setup will fix this issue and you can always buy it after recovering from the other costs involved in the swap.
                sigpic
                Gun control means using both hands
                Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
                  Or you can just get a brake bias adjusting valve...
                  Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
                  Get Lee's setup if you cannot afford M-Coupe rears. Even with a proportioning valve the 318ti rear is just too small.
                  Yes, even with Lee's kit I find I should at least remove the rear limiter and replace it with a proportioning valve. However, getting his kit brings the brakes back to stock bias.

And it's been said not to install a proportioning valve on the front (which is what you would need to do if keeping the 318ti rear) as you might dial too much front out which is much too dangerous. Rears locking first generally results in a spin.

Comment

So I finally had a chance to get this done. I think the wheel only moved maybe half an inch if that. It still looks off no? Any help would be amazing!

Thank you

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

what are the alignmnt numbers. that is what matters most

Comment

I dont have them, Should I get it re aligned? Will this really play a factor here?

Thank You

Comment

Working...
                        X