No announcement yet.

Please help identify: BBS RS 16x9.5J/8J 5x120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The centers look like real rs's, but the amount of bolts and lip design are off. The could be Motorsport barrels since they're 20 hole, but the sizing is off and they look more like the 15" 20 hole barrels then the 16's. Interesting set you have there. I would take one apart and check out the flange area on the centers. They would have either had to fill in a lot of holes or they just sketchily (did I just make up a word?) drilled new ones over the existing holes.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Yeah, that is what i was thinking, motorsport barrels, but this design of the center with 20 holes is definitely weird, I'll take them apart to se what's up, that would be the only way.
      Hope they are not "sketchily" (nice word!) welder or re-drilled.

K.

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
      The centers look like real rs's, but the amount of bolts and lip design are off. The could be Motorsport barrels since they're 20 hole, but the sizing is off and they look more like the 15" 20 hole barrels then the 16's. Interesting set you have there. I would take one apart and check out the flange area on the centers. They would have either had to fill in a lot of holes or they just sketchily (did I just make up a word?) drilled new ones over the existing holes.
      1988 E30 M3
      My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Uberpart

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        Could they be modified centers on 20 bolt motorsport barrels/lips?
        those centers with the lips/bolts as pictured is what threw me off, this seems like a decent thought as to what's going on there.
        8380 Laboratories
        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Gotti j55's never came in 20 bolt. Only 16 and 32.
          2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
          (Daily Driver)
          Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
          KW V2 Coilovers
          VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

So these are BBS E46, cast centers with bbs race inner and outer barrels. These were used on development models and show cars in 80's. Fronts: 15x7.5 rears 16x9.5

Quite unique!
            1988 E30 M3
            My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Uberpart

Comment

Working...
            X