X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNHCLL
    10-2

are you working 7AM or 7PM?

They finally posted the national horse sex offender list? You now banned from the fair? Too bad Scotty.
    What can I say, once you go clydesdale, you never...nothing rhymes with clydesdale.

7a-3p - so I can't makey it. Fuckety fuck.

Comment

90% chance I will not show up tomorrow.

Cant get excited to go see polished cars with to much stereo equip, BBK's that are worthless to the owner, and more CF than any F1 Race team...

If I go, it will only be to shake some hands of people I havent seen for some time.
      Below the radar...

Comment

90% chance I will not show up tomorrow.

Cant get excited to go see polished cars with to much stereo equip, BBK's that are worthless to the owner, and more CF than any F1 Race team...

If I go, it will only be to shake some hands of people I havent seen for some time.
        SOMEONE'S catty! *claw* *meow* :)

Is that really what it's like, or is Langsten just jaded from overexposure to the BMW racing community from VSR?

Comment

Time for you to call in sick Scott.. hahahaha

Didn't know it was tomorrow.. good thing it showed up as the current topic on the forum listing.

They should have a category for "most rusty E30"
          Visit the 3 series heritage site (work in progress):
          http://www.creativesmurf.com

Comment

I might be there. One of my roomates (who drives a 944, but is a BMW dealer tech) and his friend are going. I might tag along if I get up early enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
              SOMEONE'S catty! *claw* *meow* :)

Is that really what it's like, or is Langsten just jaded from overexposure to the BMW racing community from VSR?
              Seeing 4+ cars with Lambo doors (X5 to e46) last year was enough to turn me off.

There is more exciting stuff parked OUTSIDE Bav than inside I've found.
              Below the radar...

Comment

Got back about 90 minutes ago...

Nothing special, really (I only looked outside though). I spent 10% admiring cars and 90% of my time making fun of others. TONS of complete shitboxes there. I was amazed at some of the cars there even made it there. I bet that at least 1/4 of all the cars there are currently leaking some sort of fluid onto the parking lot.

Discovered (through observation) that Maaco is still a thriving company.

Apparently brand new, bone-stock BMWs are the biggest award winners... If your car has less than 1000 miles on it, it had better be damn clean :roll:

The only thing worse than the 20-something year old douchebags with their riced out E36 M3s, are the nerdy over the hill guys talking about technical stuff. I wanted to use 2 ice picks for ear plugs.

The coolest cars at the show were:
                - orange pick-up truck conversion 2002 (in only decent condition because it was purpose built, apparently :up: )
                - genuine Alpina E28
                - red (extremely clean) E34 M5
                - red TCD Stage 2 E34 535i track car (beautiful engine bay)

I was surprised at the lack of truly nice/interesting/rare cars there. No M1's. Only one E31. And I guess Will Turner didn't feel like bringing one of his McLaren F1's. The coolest cars I saw all day were the two Murcielagos on the highway on the way home. There were so many shitbox E30s there that it was depressing.

I went with one of my roommates and his friend (who brought a camera). I'll try to get a few pics up once they get to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwsmurf
                  Time for you to call in sick Scott.. hahahaha

Didn't know it was tomorrow.. good thing it showed up as the current topic on the forum listing.

They should have a category for "most rusty E30"
                  Too late - hope everyone had fun!

Comment

1) They arent Will Turners McLarens... They are owned by F. Seldorf
                    2) Did the 2002 have a confederate flag on it?? I remember reading an article in Roundel about one that was built down south...
                    3) Was the red e34 M5 from MA?

4) Sucks that the show wasnt so great, but it sounds exactly like last year, if not worse. :(

Seeeee Scotty, I TOLD you I'm not jaded from VSR. :-P Check your PM's too buddy
                    Below the radar...

Comment

2) Did the 2002 have a confederate flag on it?? I remember reading an article in Roundel about one that was built down south...

4) Sucks that the show wasnt so great, but it sounds exactly like last year, if not worse. :(

Seeeee Scotty, I TOLD you I'm not jaded from VSR. :-P Check your PM's too buddy
                      Damn Jarvis, it sucked that bad huh. Glad I worked instead :)

I always thought it was a better show than that - guess I'm not missing anything after all :)

Comment

Post photos....

Comment

1. Thanks for educating me.
                          2. No flag that I noticed. It had pumpkins (same color as paint) and corn stalks and whatnot in the back. Very Martha Stewart New Englandish.
                          3. I don't remember what state is was from. But it has 63,xxx miles and is for sale for $19K.

It seems like Show and Shine is more of a BMW community get-together thing than an actual car show. I guess I'll only go to legit concours competitions if I want to see nice BMWs.

Comment

Pics (not mine, obviously):
                            Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

A lot of those pics are very flattering for the cars. Downright deceiving actually. Most looked like crap up close.

I'm glad it was an E21 guy that took/posted those. The E21's were overall the cleanest overall series of cars there. I forgot about a bunch of them.

Comment

I saw that guy at the Nats when I went to meet Alex - S14 powered E21, clean as hell too.

Comment

There were alot of decent E30s. Most of them aren't going to win any competitions, but there were a couple of nice ones (a red IX owned by a girl I think, two grey ones) and a couple of pretty nice E30 M3s. The best ones were the old classics.

I agree about everything else jarvis said though. Blasting radios, crazy ICE systems, blech. Plus I got so fed up waiting in line to buy stuff so I gave up. Ended up breaking the tabs on my brake light switch while removing it and jerry rigged it back.. works again. saved 12.95. That thing is impossible to remove without breaking.

The two E46s that won.. ugh. Amazing how much one can spend to make a car look so appealing to some and so unappealing to others.
                                Visit the 3 series heritage site (work in progress):
                                http://www.creativesmurf.com

Comment

Working...
                                X