No announcement yet.

PNW: E30 Picnic - Saturday event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw that the BMWCCA is having a dyno day at CarbConn on saturday the 9th. Might be worth a drive up for: http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=34350
    Chris
    90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

10$ to burn to a cd, hot damn thats some markup.
      Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
      Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

I am getting dyno tuned at HP connection in Olympia on May 12th! I can't wait. I doubt I would be able to afford driving down South 2 days in a row, so you guys have fun.
        :: PNW Crew ::
        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          I'm down to do something like that. Does that also still include the crew meeting up at Griot's on Sunday morning to caravan to the Picnic?

Also, on Saturday, we're planning on spending a pretty good chunk of time at Ikea, it's one of the big things we do every year when we make the trip. So if something like this was to go down, there's a possiblity I might not make it, because it probably means I'd have to leave another day early.

There is an IKEA in Portland now. Hit it up on the way home.

As for the meeting a Griot's, allow some extra time there this year because we are going to have 2-3 wash bays open for out of towners to wash before heading up. There should be plenty of Speed Shine and towels for all of us to use before we leave as well. Let's start putting together times and places for meeting so I can get this all setup through work.
          sigpic

Comment

hmmm i would like to wash my car, derek we should discuss personal time with my cars paint:) and ikea in portland isn't opened yet, probably wont be done until august.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
              There is an IKEA in Portland now. Hit it up on the way home.

As for the meeting a Griot's, allow some extra time there this year because we are going to have 2-3 wash bays open for out of towners to wash before heading up. There should be plenty of Speed Shine and towels for all of us to use before we leave as well. Let's start putting together times and places for meeting so I can get this all setup through work.
              Do you wanna get together on sunday and do my car? (unrelated)
              Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
              Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
                Do you wanna get together on sunday and do my car? (unrelated)

This Sunday is doable. I don't think we will be able to do it at Griot's cause we are still in the middle of painting, etc. Do you have room at your place in UP or should we head out to your parents garge? I would prefer to get going on this early in the day since I have some tests next week at school. LMK

P.S. - This was done in this thread instad of PM for the free bump. ;) Let's figure out the caravan. Usual stops are Portland (Hooters?), Oly (Cramer's?), and Tacoma (Griot's). Come on southern boys, we need some input from those that are driving.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
                  Just saw that the BMWCCA is having a dyno day at CarbConn on saturday the 9th. Might be worth a drive up for: http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=34350
                  hey, sweet.. it's an AWD dyno too, and only $75 for up to 3 pulls. I was planning on doing a baseline for my car anyway, I just sent the guy an email. anyone else want to go?
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I might be going to that, haven't decided for sure yet. Be nice to get numbers and A/F ratios to get an idea of motor health.

Comment

Even if you don't want to dyno your car, there is usually some interesting cars being dyno'd that are fun to watch ;)

One plan for saturday would be dyno day then head out for lunch/dinner somewhere like Red Hook and possibly a drive?

The other one that seems to be favored as well is the BBQ/drive/photo op that James stated above.
                      Chris
                      90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

I'd probably just do the dyno, because I'd still need to detail my car etc. I'm going to spend like $100 on gas that weekend though :(
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I've been thinking to hit the Cascade Loop, possibly this Memorial Day weekend. Anybody care to join?

The Ultimate Driving Machine is Yourself!

Comment

Well, FWIW, for those of us driving up from SF area of CA and SoCal, I have a feeling that we'll want to find something to do in/around the Seattle-Issaquah area (Or maybe just in Tacoma) to cut down on driving and have the most possible time to sit around and bullshit. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to go, and the CA guys schedule is looking something like this I think.
                            Thursday - Socal guys drive to Clay's place and spend the night.
                            Friday - Everybody get an EARLY start (4am latest IMO) and start driving north.
                            Sat - Nothing set in stone afaik
                            Sun - Picnic
                            Monday - Drive back, socal guys may use Tuesday as well, or drive straight through.

I myself would prefer more of like a r3v meet on Saturday, cleaning up the cars, cooking out of the trailer grille if Matt does come up for sure, etc. Just some little thing. We were out back of the Motel 6 BBQing it up after bimmerfest with a small group of people and it was probably more enjoyable overall than the bimmerfest itself in terms of COMMUNITY!!! :hitler:.

Just things to think about.

Comment

I'm signed up for the dyno day on saturday if anyone else is going..
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Consider my former post null and void. My wife and kid aren't coming this year, due to several circumstances, one of the largest being that we don't all want to ride in my E30, and taking 2 cars would double the amount we'd be spending on gas. Plus, Lily is right at that age where a 7 hour car trip is NOT going to be pleasant. Also, the Ikea in Portland will be open in August, and we're going to take her to the zoo. :D

So I'm down for whatever is going on on Saturday. I'll have to leave pretty early in the morning, but that's no big deal. And I probably won't have the cash to dyno my car, but I'll definitely be down for any kind of get together and drive the day before. So count me in for whatever's going on!

Comment

Working...
                                X