No announcement yet.

OMG's Personal S54 Build :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta tell you there is barely anytime for personal work when you run a repair shop :curse:

BUT progress is being made.

The oil filter housing is on, thermostat, brand spanking new Z3M engine harness and the rest of the accessories are in position as well.

So we messed up on this coolant pipe haha. I totally forgot the engine harness mounts right where the pipe sits now. Not too big a deal because we can close the pipe up and redo this. We already mocked it up for proper placement with the harness in place so that will be in the next update. I really need to remove the core support on my car so that I can throw this thing in there at the very least.

IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
      I really need to remove the core support on my car so that I can throw this thing in there at the very least.
      I assume that if you have a shop you have a lift (hopefully several). The solution is easy then.
      - Remove front subframe, and bolt it to the engine.
      - Raise car on lift
      - Position engine under car
      - Drop car down on engine
      - Bolt subframe in place.
      My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

Comment

You're completely right but that's not the point. I want ease of service in the long term. I'm also hoping to make a bit room with a custom support so that I can run a bigger fan on the radiator side.

Comment

You're completely right but that's not the point. I want ease of service in the long term. I'm also hoping to make a bit room with a custom support so that I can run a bigger fan on the radiator side.
          http://www.thearcasylum.com/e30-s54.html

This looks like what your trying to do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Yes, I have both the custom subframe and oil pan by Tim. I am looking to make a custom CORE support for hanging the headlights, radiator... etc.

Comment

Yes, I have both the custom subframe and oil pan by Tim. I am looking to make a custom CORE support for hanging the headlights, radiator... etc.
              Just an FYI Tyler's solution fits amazing!!

Teaser pics!
              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Hell yeh. Looking forward to installing it all.

Comment

Been a minute but I had some time to get the core support ready for removal.

Hoping to get the spot welds drilled out over the next weekend and then start fab'ing up brackets and such to make it nice.

Comment

Noice!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Finally something to post... Cleared out house and told everyone to leave me alone.

I also want to try and rock the E46 M3 engine mount because I'd like to keep things civil in the cabin. Plus the cost of a replacement engine mount is relatively cheap... and not to mention availability!

I will notch the frame rails in order to let the mount sit flush!

Comment

Hmm didnt think about using the E46 M3 ones. I used E28 mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                          Hmm didnt think about using the E46 M3 ones. I used E28 mounts.
                          I think a lot of people go with the E28 mounts because its a drop in mount. With these they don't quite fit without modifying a few things. I used to have the E28 mounts with my S52 though! I figure if I'm going outta my way to do all this work... might as well do things a bit differently.

With that said, the E28 mount has gone up in cost over the last few years (don't want to buy the hamburg technic ones... don't trust them) and I don't fancy the polyurethane stuff.

We'll see how it all works out!

Comment

I think a lot of people go with the E28 mounts because its a drop in mount. With these they don't quite fit without modifying a few things. I used to have the E28 mounts with my S52 though! I figure if I'm going outta my way to do all this work... might as well do things a bit differently.

With that said, the E28 mount has gone up in cost over the last few years (don't want to buy the hamburg technic ones... don't trust them) and I don't fancy the polyurethane stuff.

I have a good e28 mount and a cracked one, I have a for sale ad for them up rn. Pm if you’re interested, I’m selling them for cheap.

Comment

I hear you, I bought OEM ones and I was surprised at how expensive they were! I didnt want poly stuff either.

I went for ease of install :)

Comment

Seems close enough that a BFH could clearance it
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X