No announcement yet.

engine lightening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the car registered and inspected a couple of days ago. I've got about 5 hours on the motor. It is very smooth and revs easily (also sounds quieter?). Definitely more power and revs quicker according to my ass dyno. The head bolts will be turned 90 degrees per spec and lashing the valves tonight. Clutch is slipping when I get on it so will look into that as well. Overall we're very happy and glad to get to break in the motor before our first race in a week. Will update how the engine performs when thrashed. Wish us luck.

Comment

Took Beulah out for her first trashing today as we've been having some clutch issues. Happy to report we seem to have resolved clutch problems. Happier to report the engine has a ton of torque. I found myself short shifting as the mods we've made seem to improve lower rpm's the most.

Dyno will have to wait until after this weekends race. :thumbsup:

Comment

Our first race with the new modified "E" motor went great. Very smooth and much more power than the previous motor. "I" e30's didn't walk away from us on the straights anymore. We stayed with them/passed them and had more torque than they did exiting the turns. She didn't burn any oil but seeped a little from the RMS when parked. We had a few over revs (missed shifts, unintentional down shifts) that did no damage in the 20ish hours of racing and practice. The fuel economy was incredible, as we burned only 3.7 gallons/hour at race speeds.
        Couldn't be happier with my first attempt at modifying a motor and placing 30th out of 121 cars in this race. Would've finished top 20 if we hadn't thrown a belt Next race I'm thinking of some sort of ram air set up and a more aggressive race strategy.

Comment

We have 6 races on the same motor and had our best finish ever in October at NHMS. 4th place (8 seconds from 3rd) out of 100 cars. We were the top finishing e30 (6 e30's entered) and the only one running an ETA. The motor has given us zero problems and we are now in the process of supercharging it with a mazda millenia S.C.

Comment

Super cool that you managed to do this with an eta!

Comment

Working...
            X