IX M20 in non IX car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IX M20 in non IX car

Any knowledge of what is different? I know the motor mounts are, the oilpan is different, the oil system looks a bit different, but it almost looks like the stuff from the normal m20 will bolt right in. Any other thoughts?

The sthe oil pan, that's it, it will fit in a non IX body just fine.

Comment

I'll second that statement. It will fit no problem once the oil pan is swapped out.

Taylor
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

You'll need to swap out the oilpump from a non-ix as well.
        No personal experience with ix's as they are pretty rare here in TX but I understand the oilpump spins in opposite direction as non ix.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Alright, well the oilpan wont work, you can see that from just looking at it. It seems like the oil pickup is way to low to fit in the oilpan from the normal m20. pics in a minute

Comment

Alright, just realized it is not an oil pickup, it is the oil pump :facepalm:

Comment

the block will be just fine. the pan and pump, as stated before, will have to be swapped.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Alright, the normal m20 has a sensor on the oilpan on the alternator side that the IX m20 did not, does anyone know the function of this plug? Will it be ok without it plugged in? Turns out the standard m20 harness is a tad different than the IX m20 harness.

Comment

Why would u need to switch the oil pan? The oilpan on the IX is a little different to make room for the front drive shaft but with no front drive shaft u shouldn't have a problem using the IX oil pan.....

Comment

And there is a sensor on the oil pan.

Comment

Bought the engine for 200, he wanted the oilpan and diff off of it. I cant argue with that.

Comment

U spent 200 on an m20 with and tno oil pan?..... and the Diff?

Comment

OP its not that hard or complicated.
                          Swap over the oilpan, oilpump &pickup like mentioned.
                          Then swap over whatever else you see that is different.

Originally posted by matt0300 View Post
                          U spent 200 on an m20 with and tno oil pan?..... and the Diff?
                          Please stop replying in this thread.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

The sensor in the oil pan is for the oil level. the oil pressure switch is in the other side of the block just below the oil filter. the connectors are different from late/early models
                            1989 JDM-Tech 2
                            2010 335 D for daily

Comment

Yea ur right simple my bad and teaguer, why u mad though?

Comment

Working...
                              X