Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
    As a passenger, I love flying in and out of John Wayne. Great food selection in the airport, lines are never long, easy to navigate, etc.

That said, the take-off is very strange - especially when the nose and airspeed come down. Always feels like we're just going to drop out of the sky.
    Yeah the airport is great to get in and out of, but man I don't like the take off at all. Such a strange feeling.

The approach and landing at the Aspen, CO airport had me clenching my cheeks a wee bit as well.
    90 Bronzit 325is
    16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
      Yeah the airport is great to get in and out of, but man I don't like the take off at all. Such a strange feeling.

The approach and landing at the Aspen, CO airport had me clenching my cheeks a wee bit as well.

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
      As a passenger, I love flying in and out of John Wayne. Great food selection in the airport, lines are never long, easy to navigate, etc.

That said, the take-off is very strange - especially when the nose and airspeed come down. Always feels like we're just going to drop out of the sky.

You are right there. John Wayne is much like my home airport very easy to get in and out of.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Why didnt you fly into LAX?! haha

also since we're on the topic of takeoffs/landings is there a major change in approach when theres rain versus clear skies?

I just bought a place in Inglewood and specifically avoided the flight path, though we're fairly close still. When it rained last week, I swear something was different because I was hearing the planes every 5 minutes as if they had just changed the path to be a LOT closer than it was any other time. The noise is gone now, but it definitely got my blood pumping because I wanted to avoid the flight path

Flying into Wayne because i will be staying in huntington beach and its closer to my friends place

I would love to get together and see the datsun and e30 when I’m out there. I plan on getting a rental so i can go out while my friends at work.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

People who complain about area noises but knowingly move near noisy things blow my mind. The main airport for Bozeman is actually in Belgrade so they have constant air traffic. But the local dirt track is also in Belgrade and they are limited because of noise how many nights a year they can run. So it really just ends up being a handful of Fridays and maybe two Saturdays. Come on Montana! I just want to watch some racing. /rant

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Seriously, those people should go live in China.

Comment

^
            The people that did that to Belgrade came from CA and likely still reside there and dont want to hear shitty rustbuckets, driving in circles when they are at their expensive vacation home on the outskirts of Bozeman
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              ^
              The people that did that to Belgrade came from CA and likely still reside there and dont want to hear shitty rustbuckets, driving in circles when they are at their expensive vacation home on the outskirts of Bozeman
              They probably envision a time when the whole world will be perfectly silent and they won't have to interact with even one completely intolerable fellow human being.

Fortunately we have padded micro hotels that are approximately 1.8 meters underground that they can enjoy for all eternity.

Comment

Californians suck- a Californian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I love when people in the neighboring states (OR, WA, MT, NV, AZ, etc) bitch about Californians moving to “their” states. Fun fact 1 out of every 10 United States citizens are from California.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

From what I see and hear from people who live in California, the place is falling apart and it's no wonder that people are leaving in droves.
                    My Feedback

Comment

Flyboy, arent a lot of the little airports tucked in the bottom. Of mountain valleys pretty similar, but rather thank for noise abatement it's more to get clear there ground features....
                      indeed. lots of those small towns west of the front range in Colorado are a good example of this. Reno is another one. the single engine emergency departure there is absolutely crazy. seems like Bozeman has a very involved single engine departure for one of its runways too. it is not the case for John Wayne though. surely the only explanation there can be directly attributed to pretentious assholes.

also since we're on the topic of takeoffs/landings is there a major change in approach when theres rain versus clear skies?

I just bought a place in Inglewood and specifically avoided the flight path, though we're fairly close still. When it rained last week, I swear something was different because I was hearing the planes every 5 minutes as if they had just changed the path to be a LOT closer than it was any other time. The noise is gone now, but it definitely got my blood pumping because I wanted to avoid the flight path
                      so...the only difference is an instrument vs a visual approach. I really am not sure where Inglewood is located in respect to the airport(east?), but LAX has several parallel runways that are all oriented east and west. 99% of the time, airplanes land and take off to the west at that airport. in fact, I have never once landed or taken off to the east here. however, there are runways that are normally used for take offs and runways normally used for landings. my guess is that one of the normal landing runways would have been closed on this particular day. in order to optimize arrivals and departures during that period, I would guess they were using a "take off" runway for landing during that time.

my house in houston is between the flight paths of runways 26L and 26R. we don't hear a lot of noise though because aircraft fly over at about 3000 feet.

I love when people in the neighboring states (OR, WA, MT, NV, AZ, etc) bitch about Californians moving to “their” states. Fun fact 1 out of every 10 United States citizens are from California.
                      reading this, I have lost all hope for your future as earthlings.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

When you leave CA to get away form CA issues, Dont try and turn the new location into CA..... And attempt implement CA like ideals and lifestyle into the place YOU CHOSE to relocate is the bigger issue
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

I knew this would bring some fun responses lol

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                          From what I see and hear from people who live in California, the place is falling apart and it's no wonder that people are leaving in droves.

The people who leave are either struggling to survive or believe the grass is greener somewhere else.

On the other hand we still have a huge influx of people leaving wherever they live in the WORLD and coming to California... and that’s probably why some others are sick of it and leave.

When you leave CA to get away form CA issues, Dont try and turn the new location into CA..... And attempt implement CA like ideals and lifestyle into the place YOU CHOSE to relocate is the bigger issue
                          People can do whatever they want, isn’t that what you’re harping about 100% of the time in P&R? lol

I know California isn’t the perfect place but I’m happy where I’m at. Yesterday a mess was caused when a guy was sitting on an overpass with his legs hanging over the edge. Shut down the busiest freeway right before the end of day commuters were about to head home
                          Last edited by 2mAn; 12-12-2018, 11:35 AM.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

I might move to California. Do I balance them out? Just an internship though in Berkeley.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                              Do I balance them out?
                              Yes, but only because you'd make someone else want to move out, what with your normal car and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                                I might move to California. Do I balance them out? Just an internship though in Berkeley.
                                Only if you come and try to turn the new location into MT... and implement MT-like ideals and lifestyle into the place YOU CHOSE to relocate to

;)
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X