Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

m50 with 91 318is radiator - what coolant hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you that run the 318is radiator with your m50 setup, what coolant hose did you use to connect your upper heater core outlet to the forward part of the cylinder head and the smaller inlet on the bottom of the radiator? I'm thinking the factory e30 hose will work, but it looks a bit too short. Thanks for your help!

Chris
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

I'm using an m50 lower radiator hose for my lower hose - 11531721709

I think I'm using an m50 upper radiator hose for my upper hose - 11531726344

You will have to trim both to get them to fit and they are a pain to get over the radiator inlets but they line up pretty well.

I did some research on this when I did my swap and a lot of people recommend the Dayco 71901 hose, which you can cut in half and use for both the upper and lower. I bought this and IT DOES NOT FIT. The Dayco hose inner diameter is way too big for the radiator and water pump connections. I don't know how people are able to use it.
    M/S52 Wiring Diagrams
    Z3M S52 to late model 325i wiring diagram
    M52 to 318is wiring diagram

Comment

Originally posted by luckysnafu View Post
      I'm using an m50 lower radiator hose for my lower hose - 11531721709

I think I'm using an m50 upper radiator hose for my upper hose - 11531726344

You will have to trim both to get them to fit and they are a pain to get over the radiator inlets but they line up pretty well.

I did some research on this when I did my swap and a lot of people recommend the Dayco 71901 hose, which you can cut in half and use for both the upper and lower. I bought this and IT DOES NOT FIT. The Dayco hose inner diameter is way too big for the radiator and water pump connections. I don't know how people are able to use it.

I've got both of those radiator hoses, just curious about which hose you used that runs underneath the intake manifold. The "T" hose is the one I'm looking for more info about.

Chris
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by FreedS4 View Post
        I've got both of those radiator hoses, just curious about which hose you used that runs underneath the intake manifold. The "T" hose is the one I'm looking for more info about.

Chris
        Hmmm. I think I'm running the e30 m42 hose for that. The m42 hose is way too long but it works. Not sure what others are running.
        M/S52 Wiring Diagrams
        Z3M S52 to late model 325i wiring diagram
        M52 to 318is wiring diagram

Comment

I bent a wire in the shape/length i needed and went to the auto parts store and searched till i found something that fit!

Comment

yea i want to know about the "T" hose as well. sub'd
            Originally posted by evandael
            a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

Any other input?

Chris

Comment

Bumping an old thread but I am willing to bet that and e34/m50 spider/t hose would work perfect. Based on what I keep comparing between my e34 wagon and e30, the e34 radiator is very similar to an m42 radiator.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

i use the m/s50 spider hose and it works fine for me. no issues at all
                  Originally posted by evandael
                  a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by hooken m View Post
                    i use the m/s50 spider hose and it works fine for me. no issues at all
                    I'm pretty sure that's what I used. You can kind of see it in this pic.

1997 540i/6 - stock
                    1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
                    1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

Found the hose that works best. It's not flared on the ends so you can cut it to any size. This one will work for both upper and lower.

Gates 22440

Edit: fixed part number

Last edited by SnowB0und; 12-04-2018, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I'm not finding this model, is this Gates #22400?

Originally posted by SnowB0und View Post
                        Found the hose that works best. It's not flared on the ends so you can cut it to any size. This one will work for both upper and lower.

Gates 224400

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
                          I'm not finding this model, is this Gates #22400?

I accidentally added a extra 0 on the end. Look in the pic, there’s a actual picture of the hose.

Comment

Working...
                          X