Also, check out this build thread:

1991 318i SOLD
    2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by unevolved View Post
      Also, check out this build thread:

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112309
      yeah, I'm following that build. It's very cool, I'm not liking the rack placement though.

I think the vq would be a great swap for a track only car. Use some reverse mounted master cylinders under the dash. Push it tight to the firewall and 80% of the engine would be behind the wheel center.

I actually have time to work on my car today, hopefully I'll have some new pics tonight.
      $4000 worth of wheels to look cool in a parking lot? What the hell is wrong with him? - My old boss

Comment

Ok, I actually worked on my very own car today!

Worked on the shift linkage for a while, now I can move the engine back 1 1/2 inches closer to the firewall. I like it. It's going to be very tight but a little hammer love for clearence on the water outlet and it will work. Should be very close to having 3 of the 4 cylinders behind the front wheel center line. I'm trying to find a way to tuck the turbo back a little further, it's fairly heavy and pretty high, I want to keep the weight as centrally located as I possibly can. Also I moved the rad and intercooler mounts down in the chassis further, just have to locate the oil cooler now.
        $4000 worth of wheels to look cool in a parking lot? What the hell is wrong with him? - My old boss

Comment

So your sticking with the k24?

Also, it's page 3 and we still don't have any photographic evidence of said car or motor...
          ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Originally posted by Doughnut View Post
            So your sticking with the k24?

Also, it's page 3 and we still don't have any photographic evidence of said car or motor...
            Yeah, staying with the K. There is a link on the first page to some pictures. Remembering to take pics is the most difficult thing for me apparently

Comment

Or if one of the local guys wants to come by and take pics you guys are more than welcome

Comment

No updates on this, the engine rebuild in my daily has been taking up all my free time.

Comment

Haha, I got all excited to see a new post in this thread.

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I would be a lot more excited if I had time to work on it Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Slowgti View Post
                      The AY6 is a nice trans, I've just used the z32 box in other applications and it's just my preference. This one will be boosted. Expecting 450-500 rwhp from experience on similar builds. The s2k box needs an adapter and it doesn't hold power very well when beat on.

Sorry about the gigantic run on paragraph, my phone freezes if I take up too much space.
                      450rwhp? How do you figure that man?

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          Updates?

Does a Miata trans fit into an e30?

Comment

OK, so it appears this dude has fabricated a ton of stuff for the turbo part of the build. Turbo manifold looks great. Wiring, installing accessories, belts, and cooling system appear to be the things that haven't been installed yet.

I'm digging how much room there is in the engine bay.

I hope he checks in sometime.

Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Holy shit, is there another build thread on another forum or something?
                              91 318is - Gone
                              16 VW GTI
                              07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                                http://www.kmiata.com/services.html

Does a Miata trans fit into an e30?
                                That link doesn't work but Miata tranmissions are ridiculously weak, even for Miatas
                                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                                X