• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds mint

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
      All 12 axle to diff bolts loosened themselves up even though they were torqued to spec before I did any driving. Made a shitty mess on the exhaust.

I installed o2 sensors and corrected the tip angle while I was at it!

I also got some Tesa wrap for my wire harness to give more of an oem look than electrical tape. Still trying to figure out my tachometer before I wrap the rest of the harness

My M60 swap did the same thing. Torque FTW.

Look forward to seeing another M60 at the Picnic this year! sounds like I'm not going to be the only one this time around!
      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by potatomash View Post
        Sounds mint

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
        My M60 swap did the same thing. Torque FTW.

Look forward to seeing another M60 at the Picnic this year! sounds like I'm not going to be the only one this time around!
        We'll have to meet up before the picnic and cruise in together!

I was hoping to make it last year when you did, but time ran way too short... I'm counting down the days!!

Comment

I just tried to read this and all the pictures are dead =(

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
            I just tried to read this and all the pictures are dead =(
            Thread rebuilt just for you, Luke!!

378 photos later... Going through the whole thread like I did over the past few days has reminded me how much I like this car.

Photobucket pissed me off ruining this build thread, that I did feel motivated to update anymore. I have a whole summer of updates and 7500miles of driving to talk about. I just finished my last college class so I'm ready to keep going with my cars.

Comment

Hell ya! Thanks man =)

Comment

Girlfriend bought a 128i

Built some wheels (iron-e did the fill and drill)

Got a small MT2 wheel

Went to the e30 picnic

Got foglights

Bought a really dirty wagon

Helped St1g fix his s52

Comment

I love looking through this thread every once in a while. I put a lot of work into the car and barely think about how much effort it took nowadays. I'm nearing 11k miles on the swap and every second has been fantastic.

It does need a few upgrades and finishing touches that I plan to do once I get another project out of the garage. The electric fan shredded itself on a CCA drive so I've only been driving short distances lately. I also need to make a fan shroud for better cooling, and still need to make a box for the air filter.

I bought a house in march with my girlfriend and that's been a huge project ever since. It does have a shop in the back which I just finished insulating and hanging drywall in a few months ago. I've bought a few more parts and project cars, put some BC's on the wagon, bought some old wheels back.

I also graduated college a year ago (marketing and entrepreneurial management in 4 years with honors and an outstanding graduate recognition) and I'm seeing where life takes me at this point.

I also hollowed out the cats since one got clogged. It'll hold until emissions next year...

Comment

Damn. You're a badass.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                    --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

More info on the wheels with BMW motorsport centers

Comment

Originally posted by oprahhwinfreyy View Post
                        More info on the wheels with BMW motorsport centers
                        They're my old wheels, bought them real cheap in the same condition that I sold them in over a year ago. They're reps. ESM 004 17x9, and I currently need two 17x8 for the perfect staggered setup. Also looking for 16x7.5 ACS's and 2 17x9 style 5's..

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                          Damn. You're a badass.
                          :)

Comment

Maintenance time!

Controls and bushings were toast. Upgraded with OEM Lemforder and E30 M3 offset bushings.

My electric fan shredded itself before winter and I hadn't bothered to fix it until the weather warmed back up... It's drive-season so let's get it done!

Don't buy a straight blade fan. It is loud. I opted for a curved blade this time, and will be building a proper shroud for both better cooling and so this failure doesn't happen again.

Comment

Carboard template

Transfer to sheet metal

Cut holes

Weld some bolt in

Good to go. This thing is sturdy, even barely bolted in!

Couple more adjustments to make and then paint.

Comment

Awesome writeup. Do you have any pics of the brake linkage to valve cover clearance?

Comment

Working...
                                X