No announcement yet.

New toy/project, vintage goodness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not out of the woods just yet, but there was several things wrong. It uses old "window" fuses that have 3 legs. When the fuse blows, it contacts two legs, and when it's good, it contacts the other two. Very much like an e30 throttle sensor. Well, one of the fuses were blown, but not contacting the "blown" legs to let the computer know what was going on - hence no alarms. Then upon further inspection of the others, I found one was making contact on all 3 legs.

It's still not running via programming, but the fact that I can get the spindle to rotate under power is a big deal as of now.

Next time I can take a day to work on it, will go through the binary ladder and hoping one of the parameters are set wrong.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Was reminded of this thread and yet, turned it on a few more times and ran the spindle, lubed everything, but somehow e30's/e36's have completely consumed my professional life :/

Since the last post, have purchased valve job equipment, am shopping for block boring equipment and just got a quote for a mandrel bender that "hopefully" trigger will be pulled by the new year....

Should have just bought a working machine at this point, but no giving up on the old work horse...
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
      X