Cold idle rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold idle rough

Threw a check engine light after "lightly" spraying off engine. Code 1222 which is O2 sensor regulation, getting rough idle at start up and smooths out fine after warm up, even dies when starting off! Was running perfect prior to the washing and check light coming on. So if I am getting smooth idle at warm up thinking its not a vac leak as that should throw a rough idle constantly regardless of temp? And O2 sensor does not do anything until it reaches operating temp...correct. So am I looking at temp sensor!

Changed drivers seat shocks last night and what a bitch to compress those things! had to put a new drivers side hinge on due to broken absent adjustment lever for reclination! Got it out of sync with the inside and took too long to figure out but its right now! Gotta psych myself out for the passenger side!

Thanks

Mark

Replaced coolant temp sensor and immediately shut down CEL and smoothed out idle!

Replaced Brake lining sensor and got that light out!

Radiator flush and refill with major hoses replaced, The hoses on car had the Cosmoline yellow stuff stained on them and had some soft spots so I figured they might be original? Ran motor 20 minutes at idle with temp on hot and fan wide open and air never got warm or even hot. Ideas here?

Using a small wire wheel to remove yellow stains from intake manifold and various components on motor, really makes the aluminum alloy shine. No chemicals ever worked worth a crap.

Replaced cap and rotor with new plug wires. The ones I replaced were stained with the yellow cosmoline as well, could they have been original as well? Rotor and cap were well worn.

Changed oil and filter as well

Good day working on the Bimmer.

Comment

Nice one! How many miles and what car?

Comment

Working...
      X