Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lousy rear end mod fix

hey there,

I recently got an e30, everything is good except for this “mod” a previous owner did to get a muffler and exhaust tip to fit.... how do I fix this? Im not even sure what to google...
    Attached Files

What the fuck.

Comment

What do you mean "What to google"?

Stick your head under there and figure out what the hell is going on.

Comment

Wow, he must have been proud of that.
        Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
        1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
        Palm Beach County

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
          What do you mean "What to google"?

Stick your head under there and figure out what the hell is going on.
          I mean what’s the name of the price that’s fucked up lol. So I can maybe find a replacement

Comment

Originally posted by posix View Post
            I mean what’s the name of the price that’s fucked up lol. So I can maybe find a replacement
            rear valance
            1991 318is ---230K - DD
            1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
            so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

I've seen some things, but that is definitely something special right there.

The rear valance is a core component of the overall car, and isn't simply bolted on. A body shop, or someone with those types of skills will be required to straighten that out. After the exhaust is redone of course.
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Looks like the valence was made of bondo anyways. You're looking at a whole new tail panel unless you're fine with a bodyshop repairing it with bondo again.
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

Wow man, I didn't realize meth made it all the way down to SF.

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                    Looks like the valence was made of bondo anyways.
                    Not sure about that, there's a thick protective coating on the rear valence and I think that's what you're looking at.

I'd take it to bare metal and let a guy go at it with a hammer and dolly. Probably your best bet there.

Comment

That’s pretty special. Agreed it’s probably a body shop thing.

I have a 318is muffler if you need it, $60 plus ship from LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                      The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                      The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                        Not sure about that, there's a thick protective coating on the rear valence and I think that's what you're looking at.

I'd take it to bare metal and let a guy go at it with a hammer and dolly. Probably your best bet there.

do you mean just have a guy repair the current valance?

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                          That’s pretty special. Agreed it’s probably a body shop thing.

I have a 318is muffler if you need it, $60 plus ship from LA.

i think i'd be interested in it, will need to see what i should do with the current valance situation waffleswaffleswaffles

Comment

i think i'd be interested in it, will need to see what i should do with the current valance situation waffleswaffleswaffles

Sure, no worries. Body work is tougher than finding a muffler. Awesome bodge by your PO, your car’s lucky to have found you!

Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                            The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                            The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                            The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

do you mean just have a guy repair the current valance?
                              Yes. A good metal shaper/body guy should be able to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X