No announcement yet.

Taurus side skirts - modification and installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definetly looking into this. Thanks for the write up Josh!
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
      Definetly looking into this. Thanks for the write up Josh!
      I'll be adding more tonight, if I get time. I just realized that when installing these, you lose the stock jack point on the rockers. I may look into cutting out a section to leave a provision for the stock jack. I don't know about some of the rest of you guys, but my car is low enough to the point that I have to jack up the side with the stock jack first to get under the front, especially with the Reiger.

Comment

can't wait to see a finished version or writeup 2.0 and to see how they look on a black car.
        Last edited by TopOfTheLine89; 07-09-2007, 09:15 PM.
        97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
        2001 330ci 5 speed
        83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          I'll be adding more tonight, if I get time. I just realized that when installing these, you lose the stock jack point on the rockers. I may look into cutting out a section to leave a provision for the stock jack. I don't know about some of the rest of you guys, but my car is low enough to the point that I have to jack up the side with the stock jack first to get under the front, especially with the Reiger.
          wow, i havent done that in a while. i find its much easier to slowly drive up on a 2x4. then jack the car up from there. nice write up josh.

Comment

picked up a set today, anxiously awaiting the rest of your write-up! :)

Comment

Originally posted by e30devo View Post
              wow, i havent done that in a while. i find its much easier to slowly drive up on a 2x4. then jack the car up from there. nice write up josh.
              depending on how low you are, a 2x4 isnt enough. i have to drive up on 2 2x4's to get a jack past my front subframe.
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Wow...now everyone's going to do this.

Hmm...time to scope out the junkyard and find more random sideskirts that fit. :D
                - Sean Hayes

Comment

robocop E30. Niiice

Looking for my next E30. Have one? Call or text me (805) 340-3284 or email me at: dclrod@gmail.com

Comment

Scope the yards we must! I just went outside to look at the skirts on my 2000 Explorer, but I don't think so, although nice caps at end?!?

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                    Wow...now everyone's going to do this.

Hmm...time to scope out the junkyard and find more random sideskirts that fit. :D
                    sigpic
                    WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

I grabbed a set 2 years ago when the pic of the red car with the borbet A's was posted. I've been letting my pair collect dust in my basement because I'm lazy like that when it comes to exterior modifications. I guess I'm going to have to dust them off and get them mounted.
                      1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                      Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

I just got a set for my 4-door. Going to start the cutting and all today. Though admittedly, I'm still not really sure how to mount them. I know you said screws on the bottom... what are you screwing them into?

Comment

I just painted mine, and letting them dry now. But a fly landed on one of them! :-|

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by KevRC4130 View Post
                            I just got a set for my 4-door. Going to start the cutting and all today. Though admittedly, I'm still not really sure how to mount them. I know you said screws on the bottom... what are you screwing them into?
                            Ummm.. the underside of the body.

Comment

dude - i'm in the boat where using the OE jack is just too nerve-wracking. Fwiw, my skirts also prevent use of OE jack.

Instead of the OE jack, i use scissor-jacks sourced from jap cars in bone yards. They’re cheap, small, and simple. Some are better than others.
                              -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Josh, I just realized how iLL these are going to look with the reiger lip. Get those on asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X