Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easily installed rear head rests today.... feelin euro...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Changed the differential oil today. Smelly, messy job that was. Pretty sure that was the first time in a long time for this car.

Starting work on my fuel vapor leak(s) now.
      Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
      1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
      Palm Beach County

Comment

Busted my oil pan 2 days ago driving down one of Houston’s abusive roads. Was only going 20mph and my air ride was at normal ride height (50psi). The dip was so bad it compromised my skid plate and cracked the oil pan. The e34 oil pan sits extremely low on the s50 even with the subframe spacers. Luckily I was otw to my homie’s junkyard and was close enough to make it before running too low on oil. Long story short we threw it on a lift, removed the pan, took it to get the crack welded up, and had it back running 6hrs later. Had a nice drive back home until it started smoking like crazy. Pulled over and realized we didn’t tighten the d—- drain plug. Ended up towing it home with AAA. Copped a new plug from Momentum the next morning and now she’s good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by childsplay View Post

Busted my oil pan 2 days ago driving down one of Houston’s abusive roads. Was only going 20mph and my air ride was at normal ride height (50psi). The dip was so bad it compromised my skid plate and cracked the oil pan. The e34 oil pan sits extremely low on the s50 even with the subframe spacers. Luckily I was otw to my homie’s junkyard and was close enough to make it before running too low on oil. Long story short we threw it on a lift, removed the pan, took it to get the crack welded up, and had it back running 6hrs later. Had a nice drive back home until it started smoking like crazy. Pulled over and realized we didn’t tighten the d—- drain plug. Ended up towing it home with AAA. Copped a new plug from Momentum the next morning and now she’s good to go.

Wow that looks good!
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Bad motor mounts caused my alternator to eat the lower radiator hose. Soooo in goes the garagistic poly mounts I've had on the shelf for a week.

New hose and coolant should be here monday to get her back on the road.
            86 325e sedan
            • Magnaflow Cat-back
            • SSSquid Stage 1 Chip

Comment

I have been having a clunk in the rear of my car on both sides. I replaced the shock mounts ~1 year ago and installed reinforcement plates at the same time. I have checked that the nuts were tight a few times.

Well I had the rear end up in the air and noticed a gap from the shock mount to the body and I could wiggle the shock. So I dropped the car back down and tore the trunk apart. When I installed the reinforcement plates, they had almost no wiggle room between the bolt holes. So when I tightened the nuts a year ago, it jammed the reinforcement plate sideways making it seem like the nuts were fully tight. Fixed it by tightening the nuts a little at a time going back and forth and no more clunking!!! Finally silence after a year, and yes I was trying to find the source during that year, very little driving the car.

Feedback Thread

Comment

^nice find!
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Head went back on for a second time. I had to replace all of my intake valves. I went ahead and replaced the cam gear also and threw on the ITG filters to check fitment. I also did a fillet seal along each intake manifold to ensure 0 leaks with aircraft sealant. Reinstalled the Nuke fuel rail and checked timing.

Comment

Originally posted by d_elson0 View Post
                    big downgrade....
                    lol, that's what i was thinking

Comment

What did you do to your E30 today?

Error
                      Last edited by htseng; 08-02-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Error
                        Last edited by htseng; 08-02-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

New 86 mm vert trunk emblem from Amazon. Shipped from BMW of San Francisco

Comment

Originally posted by htseng View Post
                            New 86 mm vert trunk emblem from Amazon. Shipped from BMW of San Francisco

Are dealerships allowed to sell OEM parts on Amazon? All I can find are fakes branded as OEM, with dozens of bad reviews
                            Are my only options my local dealer or ECS?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdayasna View Post
                              Are dealerships allowed to sell OEM parts on Amazon? All I can find are fakes branded as OEM, with dozens of bad reviews
                              bluntech can get OEM parts... even some Euro parts if you ask nicely
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdayasna View Post

The tax was just so much less than the $10 to ship a 2 ounce package from the other sources.

Comment

Working...
                                X