No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That turned out great Rob. I want to do the same to my Gen4 G20 but haven't had the seeds to take the dremel to the finger grooves.

I got a couple of used P320 grip frames I was going to practice on. I want to shorten them for subcompact mags and stipple the grip, just haven't had the time to play with that project. At least if I screw that up I'm only out a $25 grip module lol.

Comment

I think I'll do the same on the G21, and frankly, I like it so much I'm thinking of snagging one of the $300 police-trade in G22s to do the same.

Ryan - is your issued service piece a .40 or 9? (I assume its issued, although hearing about your depts AR stuff I'm not sure). How do you like it?
      BEERTECH

Comment

Just installed a new bipod I bought off Amazon. It was a whopping $15.00 and much better quality than I expected. Def recommend it as a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          I think I'll do the same on the G21, and frankly, I like it so much I'm thinking of snagging one of the $300 police-trade in G22s to do the same.

Ryan - is your issued service piece a .40 or 9? (I assume its issued, although hearing about your depts AR stuff I'm not sure). How do you like it?
          Initially I was issued a 4th gen G21 .45 which was a good gun. I didn't want a .45 because I'd previously owned a 4th gen G17 and loved it, had over 6k rounds through it. Chief wanted to switch everyone to .45 to save money on ammo but soon realized our old school .40 peeps weren't going to change, and our new girl literally couldn't handle the .45 lol

I bought myself a 5th Gen G17 9mm which I absolutely love, especially the new orange Glock night sights

More rounds, lighter, narrower, less recoil (especially with the tac light up front), and 5 9mm rounds to center mass is just as deadly as 5 .45 rounds :)
          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
            Just installed a new bipod I bought off Amazon. It was a whopping $15.00 and much better quality than I expected. Def recommend it as a good deal.

link?
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
              link?
              CVLIFE 6-9 Inches Tactical Rifle Bipod Adjustable Spring Return with Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E4YVCOA..._5NiFBb3A24GRN

My bad.

Comment

thank you!

edit:
                just bought one as well lol
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                  Initially I was issued a 4th gen G21 .45 which was a good gun. I didn't want a .45 because I'd previously owned a 4th gen G17 and loved it, had over 6k rounds through it. Chief wanted to switch everyone to .45 to save money on ammo but soon realized our old school .40 peeps weren't going to change, and our new girl literally couldn't handle the .45 lol

I bought myself a 5th Gen G17 9mm which I absolutely love, especially the new orange Glock night sights

More rounds, lighter, narrower, less recoil (especially with the tac light up front), and 5 9mm rounds to center mass is just as deadly as 5 .45 rounds :)
                  Ah, so you can carry personally owned stuff on duty?
                  BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    Ah, so you can carry personally owned stuff on duty?
                    Yep, as long as it meets the PD standards. Basically it has to be a reputable firearm brand, 9mm/40/45, no smaller than a 4" barrel, minimum 10 round magazines etc..

My Sgt carries a 1911 with an extended mag, but everyone else carries a Glock and I think we have one S&W M&P.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

^What condition are you allowed to carry in? Down here almost all LEO carry striker fired pistols, due to not be allowed to carry cocked and locked. If that was mandated it’s a no brained to carry a striker pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                        thank you!

edit:
                        just bought one as well lol
                        I have the same one and I love it! Although the tension screw likes to come loose on mine. I shortened the screw by about 10mm and added a ziptie (in true R3V fasion), hasn't come loose since
                        -Alex

Comment

^What condition are you allowed to carry in? Down here almost all LEO carry striker fired pistols, due to not be allowed to carry cocked and locked. If that was mandated it’s a no brained to carry a striker pistol.
                          We all carry ours ready to roll, round in the chamber, even the Sgt with the 1911.

How many issues did they have to experience before implementing a policy that says you can't carry cocked/locked? I'd like to see the management at places with that policy try to fight someone in a life or death situation try to find the coordination and time to draw their firearm, rack it, then get a round out vs me drawing from my holster and firing...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                            How many issues did they have to experience before implementing a policy that says you can't carry cocked/locked?
                            I would venture to guess zero. Uninformed politians and administration is what causes moronic feel-good policies like that.

A loaded single action is no more inherently dangerous than a loaded striker gun. It just sounds scarier to have a gun that is cocked, locked and ready to murder innocent unarmed civilians/puppers.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                              I would venture to guess zero. Uninformed politians and administration is what causes moronic feel-good policies like that.

A loaded single action is no more inherently dangerous than a loaded striker gun. It just sounds scarier to have a gun that is cocked, locked and ready to murder innocent unarmed civilians/puppers.
                              Truth :rofl:

We have enough stupid policies that I shouldn't have had to ask that out loud..

Similar to the fact that we're not allowed to carry our beanbag rounds in our less than lethal shotguns. Because, obviously, we'll always have time to get the shotgun out of the rack jammed between the front seats, grab the less than lethal rounds from the glovebox, load them, THEN address the situation in hand that called for it in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post

That is exactly the reason why. The elected Sheriff didn’t want the public perception of seeing deputies with cocked pistols.
                                Last edited by naplesE30; 08-22-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X