Front wheel bearing replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    Yeah...they are all come with bearings...when they said "change wheel bearing" they meant "change wheel bearing/hub assembly" and those pics show the process.

in fact, anyone know where to buy bearings WITHOUT the hubs? Post a link, don't give me any bullshit like 'they got them at autohauz", gimme a damn link AND a part number!
    lol

Comment

Im pretty sure the outside race is machined into the hub.
      Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Thats how the Bentley makes it sound.

Also I broke down and bought a 3 arm....

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
        Originally posted by blunttech
        I need you to exfoliate my ballsack
        Build Thread?

Comment

Just did this. Easy!

Comment

Great writeup! Anyone replacing thier hub mind selling me their good used inner race instead of just tossing it in the trash?

Comment

2 arm is better than 3 arm.

Comment

Bump!!!

Just did this today!!!

Im rolling smooth once again. Thanks for the write up!

I wish the rear was this eazy

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

so how do you install a new one???
                  mine fell apart when i tried to install it
                  whats the procedure to install it? need any
                  special tools?

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                    Make sure to get a puller with a very thin threaded rod. If it's too large it will try to thread into your spindle.
                    Just a pop a socket extension into the end of the spindle, puller centers itself in the socket, and won't extend into the spindle, extension rotates inside the spindle as the puller threads.

Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
                    so how do you install a new one???
                    mine fell apart when i tried to install it
                    whats the procedure to install it? need any
                    special tools?
                    I'm sure theres a better way, but I lined up the hub with the spindle as well as I could, and rested the 36mm socket on the inner race, then tapped it in with a 2lb deadblow til it was past the threads, then drove it in with the axle nut and an impact wrench. Be careful, if you try to press it on by hand and aren't ready to drive it on, the rear inner race will stick to the spindle and the hub is heavy enough to pull itself off the rear race, which can and probably will damage the nylon bearing seats inside the bearing.
                    *sigpic

Comment

So I need to buy the nut and the two dust covers as well? That's what pelican recommends.

Also what should expect to pay a shop to do this? I don't have a jack, jack stands, a garage and its my daily. Seattle, WA

Comment

Great write-up. I just finished this today. Both sides were so bad that I was able to pull the hub off and didn't need to use a puller.

Comment

Originally posted by cbusrehab View Post
                          Great write-up. I just finished this today. Both sides were so bad that I was able to pull the hub off and didn't need to use a puller.
                          Really? Usually when it's bad the bearing seizes up and requires a puller or cutting.

Comment

anyone know if this 36mm socket will work? I cant tell if its thin wall enough.

I've used Tekton before and been happy. Its cheap. About half the price of the other amazon socket someone else recommended.
                            98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post

I've used Tekton before and been happy. Its cheap. About half the price of the other amazon socket someone else recommended.
                              That socket looks too thick to me.

I always use a Craftsman thin walled socket. Fits right in there. If you don't want to keep it just return it when you're done, but its worth having a 32mm socket. Its a very common size for bigger nuts.

EDIT: Its cheaper too.
                              Official website for CRAFTSMAN®. Explore power tools, outdoor equipment, hand tools, storage products and more.
                              Last edited by ST1G; 10-09-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I bought mine from PepBoys for under $11. It looked just like the Tekton in the pic, impact gun 36mm, deep socket. Fit perfectly, but not much room to spare. Best of luck.

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post

sigpic
                                Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

Working...
                                X