Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY: How to install IS side skirts (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY: How to install IS side skirts (video)

This is a video tutorial on how to install OEM IS Side Skirts on your E30. We tried to be as clear and straightforward as possible, but obviously are not trained professionals. Use your best judgement when working on your car. There may be other ways to do this job, but this worked very well for us.

!!This job requires for you to drill into your car's rocker panels. Be VERY careful...measure twice, three and four times...drill once!!

Tools needed:
    - Drill
    - 3/8" or Step Drill bit
    - Center Punch
    - Phillips Screwdriver
    - 1/4 Ratchet
    - 8mm Socket
    - Measuring Tape
    - Masking Tape
    - Spray Paint / Sealer / Primer (black)
    - Sharpie

We could not find a metric rivet tool fitting to utilize the metric rivets that came with the installation kit. We therefore sourced some bumper screws locally... they turned out to be 1/4" which is very close to the hole sizes at the back of your sideskirt. Again, this is what WE felt was a good solution...there are other ways to do this.

Here is the video
    Click here for DIY: How to Install E30 IS Side Skirts (video)

Perfect timing man! I'm about to install my side skirts and your video makes it look less intimidating than I had imagined. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks big time!

Comment

We got a couple of messages and PM's asking where we bought these sport/Touring/IS side skirts. Multiple vendors have these, they seem to come and go in availability...but we purchased our set specifically from Abrahams Motorsport.

ECS Tuning also has the whole set: Side Skirt set on ECS
        Check out Salt City Euros on Youtube for E30 / BMW DIY projects and more...youtube.com/saltcityeuros

IG @SaltCityEuros

- Max & Nico

Comment

Thanks for the great guide. Will be using it shortly.

FWIW I purchased the kit from Abrahams Motorsport. They had it in stock, shipped the next day, and they beat everyone else by close to $100 on the shipped price.

Comment

Question my rocker panel is kind of bent at the bottom. Will the side skirt still install properly? The photo attached is the portion under the driver side.

Comment

Working...
            X