DIY - Smoked Ellipsoids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeedler
    what the hell have you done to those lights!???!!!??? there is a bunch of stuff missing in there, and there is no reflectiveness left! those are going to be garbage!!
    good luck with your new half output lights!
    Originally posted by mikeedler
    you can toss them in the trash, the elip. piece is missing.
    I have everything... The rest of the parts are simply off to the side away from the picture because I've disassembled everything for cleaning. I got confused, forgetting there is another outer reflector that's supposed to be painted. Sorry...

So, basically my inner reflectors, which aren't metal, are useless? Is it possible to get new ones?

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen

So, basically my inner reflectors, which aren't metal, are useless? Is it possible to get new ones?

$$$$

Just put a WTB for your specific projector units and hope somebody has them.
      Trevor Ely
      '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
      '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

hey, couple of notes... the bosch smilies, the internal reflector is metal, but it's also coated... that coating can wear/degrade/flake off... eg: don't put them in the dishwasher.

question: does anyone know where headlight reflectors can be rechromed... ?
        I know that silvered or chrome paint, although appearing reflective, is no good optically.

Comment

Originally posted by robert325is
          FYI..... Jordan's pages come up with an error.
          wells thats just too bad

Originally posted by vlad
          Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

just need to buy the smoked set i have on ebay right now with the evo III grills!!! search for the same name as my user name here on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by robert325is
              FYI..... Jordan's pages come up with an error.

yea i got the same thing...was the template for the high beam crosshairs in there too? anybody have it? id like to try this when i have some time...thanks also was that a write up?
              Originally posted by ebelements
              Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528
                Yeah, paint the reflectors...let me know how it works out for you.
                He needs to smoke the lenses. That's the best approach.
                My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerphile
                  :D
                  Trevor Ely
                  '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                  '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerphile

It was for me

:-D

I <3 Bi-xenons.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                    On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                    BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

I neeeeeeeeed ellipsoids bad.

Comment

What about "smoking" the originals with Lamin-x? I was looking at the Charcoal (darkest) for the headlights. It says that I will loss about 30% of light so I was thinking about just putting Silverstars in them so that there is more light to make up for it. Has anyone smoked their headlights with lamin-x? Is 30% a lot. I don't have too many dark streets to drive down but there are a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse
                          What about "smoking" the originals with Lamin-x? I was looking at the Charcoal (darkest) for the headlights. It says that I will loss about 30% of light so I was thinking about just putting Silverstars in them so that there is more light to make up for it. Has anyone smoked their headlights with lamin-x? Is 30% a lot. I don't have too many dark streets to drive down but there are a couple.
                          yes, do this, and then post it on here so we can flame the crap out of you. also drive your car into a tree in the dark, and then take pics.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Okay...thats nice thanks. Can anyone give me a serious answer please? Would it be safer to just get smoked ellips or go for the smoked lamin-x and not the charcoal?

Comment

Is there any visibility loss with the smoked ellips.?

Comment

Holy shit dude - you may as well spray paint your headlights black and call yourself cool!

Laminx, spray paint - ANYTHING on the actualy outside of the light, WILL affect the ight output, a very noticeable amount.

REAL smoked ellips have no worse light output. Didn't you read the rest of the thread?

For god's sake, don't put laminx on your frickin headlights, that's just stupid.

Ever seen those gay ass black headlight covers (for domestic cars), yea, about the same thing.

Your lights will suck ass if you do this.

Just don't, mmmkay? :)
                                - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
                                X