Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do these make the conversion in the rear easier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bahnfire
    no actually, the rear calipers interchange with 7 series calipers (dont remember which model). Identical part numbers, you use your original brackets with them too. I picked up a set on ebay for 30 dollars. M3 rear wheel bearings and trailing arms are also identical to the non m. The only difference is the hub and brake rotor/caliper and backing plate. My five lug is done anywho!
    So the stock e30 carrier work just fine with the 735i/m3 calipers and give the proper caliper offset etc....
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3
      I ment in terms of e30 m3.. Obviously there are plenty of other options.
      I am kind of confused as to what you are saying, but I am talking about in terms of e30 m3 front struts and hubs.. if you search s14.net you will see other guys running the same setup

Beau
      1988 BMW 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by Beau B
        I am kind of confused as to what you are saying, but I am talking about in terms of e30 m3 front struts and hubs.. if you search s14.net you will see other guys running the same setup

Beau

I mean that the p/ns for the 735 and m3 are identical, they are not just similar. Theres no such interchange for the fronts. Im not saying the e28 parts wont work, just that they arent m3 parts... which might matter to some people.

Originally posted by rs4pro3
        So the stock e30 carrier work just fine with the 735i/m3 calipers and give the proper caliper offset etc....
        worked fine on my ti trailing arms but i had to do some grinding to clear the rotor when i switched back to e30 arms with m3 hubs. I had about five pairs of rear brackets lying around and i may have grabbed the wrong ones.

Comment

ok cool, well I just purchased a set of the 735 calipers, so I'll see if my e30 brackets work, no I just have to order the rotors(if I can afford them as they are a dealer only item :roll: )

Comment

Well the stock e30 caliper carriers will not work with the m3/735i calipers. The carrier it self slides in fine and everything bolts up but the brake pads don't fit and can move around between the caliper and the carrier.

Comment

so, would these rear hubs, plus turner motorsports (really SK) e30m3 front hub assemblies, plus 2 sets of turners backing plates suffice for a 5 lug conversion?? all you'd need are the items mentioned above, plus e30m3 rotors/calipers to finish it all off right??

if that's the case, that's easy as hell, and decently cheap for a stock alignment/offset retaining conversion :o

Comment

No, the spindles are a different size in the front.

M spindles are huge in comparison to the non-M spindles. The E30 M3 hubs are incompatible with E30 non-M hubs.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by bahnfire View Post
                  no actually, the rear calipers interchange with 7 series calipers (dont remember which model). Identical part numbers, you use your original brackets with them too. I picked up a set on ebay for 30 dollars. M3 rear wheel bearings and trailing arms are also identical to the non m. The only difference is the hub and brake rotor/caliper and backing plate. My five lug is done anywho!
                  Just to clarify, aside from the brakes, all I need to do is buy the rear hub assembly from the old man and I'm good right?
                  Originally posted by Simon S
                  When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by Mtriple View Post
                    Just to clarify, aside from the brakes, all I need to do is buy the rear hub assembly from the old man and I'm good right?
                    Yes. What he said is accurate.

Comment

What is the part # on those? :) I will have to keep my eye out for my own set. It looks like 33 41 2 225 510 but I think I am reading it wrong.
                      Last edited by VAPORBLADE; 11-18-2006, 08:01 PM.
                      '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

2225510 are the last 7, which is all ya need boss ;)

Comment

Ok, I did not get it staright yet...

With m3 rear hub, dics and 700 series caliber, what carrier besides m3?

EDIT if I remeber correct, M3 has wider track, bu same trailing arm than other e30's, so new wheels must be with 5 greater et, right?
                          Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                          BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                          BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                          BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Originally posted by Rocla View Post
                            Ok, I did not get it staright yet...

With m3 rear hub, dics and 700 series caliber, what carrier besides m3?

EDIT if I remeber correct, M3 has wider track, bu same trailing arm than other e30's, so new wheels must be with 5 greater et, right?
                            Lower. M3 and 5 series use low offset wheels.

Comment

The main reason why I'm wondering this again is that I bought these wheels:

8,5*16" et 10 front and 9,5*16" et 14.

I'm quite sure that those will never be under my e30, but let play with the though, do you guys think that there is any chance to get those rolling under non M3 fenders?

And yes, they are 5 lug.
                              Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                              BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                              BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                              BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

subscribed :)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Working...
                                X