'89 316i E30 LS1 Swap Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took it for a drive today to fuel up and test my... well.. everything lol

Manual brakes work pretty good. They're actually pretty soft compared to stock calipers/rotors/pads, I think there's still air in the master cylinders. And the DTC-30 pads really need to warm up and I haven't given em much of a chance. Both front and rear tires rub the fenders so I gotta work that out. New steering wheel position is so much better, and the insulation really helps bring down the vibration and cabin noise. No overheating whatsoever, 200F was the absolute highest and once 2nd fan speed kicks in it drops to 193F or so.
    Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

;-)

BTW I am curious to know how the rear differential and halfshafts are holding on the LS swaps.
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
        ;-)
        Your Wilwood brake setup combined with Garagistic's pedal box bracket is a kick ass combo. Still messing around with the bias adjuster and working out the pedals position but I can lock up the R888's without much effort.

Comment

Comment

Damn. If I had an LS-swapped e30, I would fit the quieter mufflers possible. Just to surprise the dude with his shinny e60 M5 at the stop light... Make him believe he got outran by a 316i ;-)
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I'm running an XForce Varex muffler, which has an internal exhaust valve which I wired up to a toggle switch. You can close the valve which reroutes the exhaust to the built-in muffler chambers or open it up which is like running a straight pipe.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I bet the wrangler surprises the hell out of people.
                    Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
                    '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
                    Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
                    1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
                    Check us out
                    Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Working...
                    X