X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCLB TACO represent.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post

For the price difference of a Tundra vs. a Tacoma, there's no real reason not to buy the Tundra.

-Chris
      Simply too big for me. If I was towing what you're towing than yes, I agree.

Towing on the 3rd gen Tacoma's is up to 6800lbs which should cover my needs. Just ordered a 2016 DCLB TRD Off Road, build date is next month, November 16th. They finally put some convenience technology into the truck as well. Cant wait for it to arrive, it will be nice to be back in a Toyota.

Not mine, but this is what it should look like color and all...

Originally posted by Simon S
      When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by Mtriple View Post
        Simply too big for me. If I was towing what you're towing than yes, I agree.

Towing on the 3rd gen Tacoma's is up to 6800lbs which should cover my needs. Just ordered a 2016 DCLB TRD Off Road, build date is next month, November 16th. They finally put some convenience technology into the truck as well. Cant wait for it to arrive, it will be nice to be back in a Toyota.

Not mine, but this is what it should look like color and all...

Tacoma DCLB:
        Width: 75.2"
        Height: 70.6"
        Length: 225.5"
        Bed Length: 73.7"

Tundra DC Standard Bed:
        Width: 79.9"
        Height: 76.4"
        Length: 228.9"
        Bed Length: 78.7"

(I used a Double Cab instead of CrewMax for Tundra, as the DC interior is equivalent to a Double Cab Tacoma for space)
        I think it's mass is actually more imposing that it's actual size.
        Take it out and try the crawl control and self extraction once you get it Super Dooper! ;) I want photos up to the mirrors in sand.

-Chris
        Last edited by UNHCLL; 10-14-2015, 08:42 AM.
        Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
          Tacoma DCLB:
          Width: 75.2"
          Height: 70.6"
          Length: 225.5"
          Bed Length: 73.7"

Tundra DC Standard Bed:
          Width: 79.9"
          Height: 76.4"
          Length: 228.9"
          Bed Length: 78.7"

(I used a Double Cab instead of CrewMax for Tundra, as the DC interior is equivalent to a Double Cab Tacoma for space)
          I think it's mass is actually more imposing that it's actual size.
          Take it out and try the crawl control and self extraction once you get it Super Dooper! ;) I want photos up to the mirrors in sand.

-Chris
          Interesting... My buddy has a new Tundra DC and it just seems huge. I knew I was going to have some turning radius issues with the LB with the Tacoma but no idea it was that close to a Tundra. Crawl control looks amazing based on the youtube videos I've seen.
          Originally posted by Simon S
          When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by Mtriple View Post
            Interesting... My buddy has a new Tundra DC and it just seems huge. I knew I was going to have some turning radius issues with the LB with the Tacoma but no idea it was that close to a Tundra. Crawl control looks amazing based on the youtube videos I've seen.
            I should have bought your 3rd Gen.
            Below the radar...

Comment

Recommend me some good slotted, NOT drilled, front rotors and pads for an 08 Tacoma 4x4 pls.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post

I don't want to give this truck back, we have formed a bond over the past week. From romping down the beach in 4 lo at 35mph with a truck full of drunks and one sober after an unsuccessful fishing trip to taking the kids out for a fun day. This truck is awesome in every way.

Even though it's a rental I still found myself meticulously cleaning the sand from the undercarriage and vacuuming it out of the interior as if it were my own. The stench of squid from an overturned bait cooler is proving slightly more difficult. Those ruts get a little rough during an abrupt "lane" change.

Anyway, I have been reading that '05 is when the 3rd row seating was offered. Did they and do they still come in a manual? My wife prefers manual, which is funny because for an SUV I'd rather have an auto, but she is the stay at home mom who will be driving it 90% of the time.

After this trip, I am sold.

I will be on the hunt after we purchase our house in August '16. Already have the house picked out, so I want my credit completely clear when we buy. If they still offer a manual option we might buy new so I don't have to fix it for the first 3 years.
                Man, I sure want one of these in black

Comment

For what it's worth, I used to build the Tundras and Tacomas at Toyota's San Antonio plant. A lot of American blood sweat and tears goes into these trucks. No unions, no lazy workers... They use staffing companies under contract to motivate the workers. I've witnessed people die building these. Not sure If I can disclose much else but they are built right. Toyota has a very strict assembly QA. Nothing leaves there with so much as a pinhole in the paint.. Under the tailgates handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                    For what it's worth, I used to build the Tundras and Tacomas at Toyota's San Antonio plant. A lot of American blood sweat and tears goes into these trucks. No unions, no lazy workers... They use staffing companies under contract to motivate the workers. I've witnessed people die building these. Not sure If I can disclose much else but they are built right. Toyota has a very strict assembly QA. Nothing leaves there with so much as a pinhole in the paint.. Under the tailgates handle.
                    I have a mate that toured a plant of their in Japan. Said he couldn't believe the efficiency of it. They were all very proud of their work.

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                    Recommend me some good slotted, NOT drilled, front rotors and pads for an 08 Tacoma 4x4 pls.
                    Wut.

Went out and played around a little. My brakes were a little sketch so I changed the pads today, and found I had a broken sway bar link. Man, handles way better now. I need to suck it up and buy new tires, a lift and some Bilsteins.

Last edited by ST1G; 10-15-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                      Wut.
                      No whuts, just answers pls.

Is not for me.

Also, parts houses with good shit for Toyota trucks....I have no clue, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                        No whuts, just answers pls.

Is not for me.

Also, parts houses with good shit for Toyota trucks....I have no clue, lol.
                        Did that hurricane knock out google in your area?

Comment

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eb...a/model/tacoma
                          Lol
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eb...a/model/tacoma
                            Yes duhhh.

Comment

I have a mate that toured a plant of their in Japan. Said he couldn't believe the efficiency of it. They were all very proud of their work.

Wut.

Went out and played around a little. My brakes were a little sketch so I changed the pads today, and found I had a broken sway bar link. Man, handles way better now. I need to suck it up and buy new tires, a lift and some Bilsteins.
                              They are extremely efficeint. All work is kept track of by the millisecond. We could tell you exactly how long it took for each process in the build and how much it cost the factory per second. They made sure every factory worker was hip to the math even if you were just scrubbing machinery. Their janitorial staff did the exact same thing.
                              On site hospital and eye doctors so no excuses to out of work sick lol.

It was crazy. If you didn't come from break to your work station down to the millisecond you were in trouble and another man was more than happy to take your position. Everyone was proud to work there as if they were all brain washed.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
                                very nice truck Yan, I never understood why people buy the double cable and DON'T get the long bed. Might as well just buy a 4 Runner in my opinion. The only thing that kept me from buying a double cab was I couldn't find one that was standard, I don't think it was ever offered.
                                I almost purchased a DCLB 3 pedal but backed out after thinking about DC traffic and towing. Auto is nice for a DD. Love the long bed and can't imagine having less bed room.

Comment

Working...
                                X