Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Parts would you like to see made for S54 swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Parts would you like to see made for S54 swap?

So I am in the process of preparing to gear up my LLC to maybe make some short runs of in-demand parts for S54/S50/M50 Swaps. I would really like to get the input of this forum on what you would like to see made for these swaps.

I am looking at creating maybe a few of these.

1. DME/Relay holder setup to mount the harness in the glove box cleanly.

2. A dipstick holder that is made of machined aluminum or maybe plastic so that it looks OEM

3. Possibly creating Swap headers that are essentially cats removed and V-bands installed

4. Collector Adapters that are designed to merge the duals to a single 3" and bolt up to the factory Section 1.

5. Sport Button kits that Come with a wiring harness that not only grounds out the appropriate pin but also receives a signal from the DME to show that the sport button is on.

6. Cooling Hose Adapter Kit with integrated Coolant sensor setup and Brackets for overflow mounting.

7. Power steering hose adapter kit ( I know that companies make them but I would shoot for a slightly less high end and less expensive kit)

8. Oil Cooler Kit specifically designed for E30/ S54/S50 with euro kit

9. Anything else that maybe people don't want to Fabricate.

I appreciate any input.

I am not selling anything in this thread but I am getting set up to fulfill orders my base product ( LTW flags ) with some cool upgrades.
    1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
    5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

1. Yes. I have the 318i mount and basically just crammed all the wiring and shit in the glove box. Its messy as hell but with all the trim panels in place you can't see it, though I would like something cleaner.
    2. Also yes, mine just kinda knocks around. No good way to mount it up high by the dipstick, I usually just ziptie it to the tube that comes off the manifold in that area (just left of main intake boot)
    3. Ive been through 2 sets of shit headers, finally bought a used euro set, and the damn flanges were bent, so I still have a mild exhaust leak that I just can't justify spending any more money on at this point since it hasn't worked 3x
    5. doesn't Andrew's harness do that? I mean I have a working sport button
    6. Yes especially if there was a way to include some type of bleed screw. I don't have an air compressor so I can't use a power bleeder, I'm not buying one at this point since I'm moving in a few months, and I am never 100% sure that 100% of the air is out
    8. Make it mount in the same location (some of us refuse to give up AC) and make it bigger. I have the stock e30 cooler and I don't think it does an adequate job. Also I have the M22 to AN fitting adapters and then custom AN hoses so the oil filter housing...I think they leak a bit bc there are just too many connections involved. Something bigger than stock (there is room to get slightly taller and definitely wider) and with -10 AN fittings would be ideal.

Comment

Working...
    X