X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bimmerman17 View Post
    Is there a way to make them work?
    yes you can make them work by using this

scroll all the way to the bottom and youll see the unit...

a friend of mine did that on his e30 using that device and works like a charm

Comment

Where are you guys getting bezels for under $3? I ordered a couple flat bezels from the local dealership, they tried to charge me almost thirty bucks for 'em. I told them they could keep them.

/story
      Originally posted by Dozyproductions
      You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

blunt?
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
          Just thought I would add in here really quick that my window switches are in fact NOT lighted. This may be because either the bulbs are no good, or because the blue base switches may not be lighted to begin with, I don't know. It's of no difference to me, I know where my swtiches are, but for those of you who want them lighted, you may want to in fact go with the white base switches, which for sure are lighted.
          blue base switches are lighted as well. i wish the diagrams of this DIY still existed.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          ---------------------------------
          89 E30 S52
          Transaction Feedback.

Comment

I have the white base switches and none of them are lighted?

I got the bezels from my local dealer for $1.30ea

Comment

large blue base do light up, mine do. just change the bulbs if your's are burnt out.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
              That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
                yes you can make them work by using this

scroll all the way to the bottom and youll see the unit...

a friend of mine did that on his e30 using that device and works like a charm
                Interested in this

Can we get any more info on it? Maybe your friend did a write up or took some helpful pics?

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by DmcL View Post
                  anyone done this with green base switches yet? have a pair of greens here with chrome surrounds and wondering if anyone knows which wires do what to save me the hassle of breaking out the auto multimeter.

also planning to do the sunroof switch too but havent pulled the stock E30 switch out yet to see what the connection/wire setup looks like.. wouldnt think its much different from the windows if at all.
                  here ya go:

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                  89 E30 S52
                  Transaction Feedback.

Comment

I thought I would post this little excerpt from my build thread on mounting the switches in the console.

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
                    Moved inside and worked on the console I picked up at the yard. I used a two door console with the cutout for the breaker switch. I dremeled the right side to fit, then matched the angle on the other side with a ruler and a pencil.

There's metal under the plastic and foam to form the shape of the stock cut outs. These have to be cut away for the switches to fit right.

They are connected either on two sides or one side by more metal. The bottom had two, the top had one, so all I had to do was cut one side with the dremel, then pull it off with some pliers.

Bezeled mounted

And everything mounted

What it looks like underneath

Dremel nicked it. You can also see the cut away.

Bezels reinstalled and then hot glue was applied to fill the gaps and keep it in place.

The type of E36 switches I have are the LED type out of a 93 318i 4 door. So no burnt out lights!

Comment

i should've thought about changing the breaker as well. hmmm. iguess that will be my next project.
                      89 E30 S52
                      Transaction Feedback.

Comment

what an awesome read thanks Guys!

does anyone have any good links to LED cluster retro fits??
                        cheers
                        Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

Comment

does anyone know if you can use e34 switches?

Comment

Originally posted by italianrugger View Post
                            does anyone know if you can use e34 switches?

E38 or E36 ONLY.
                            Last edited by Blackout; 10-22-2011, 08:54 PM.
                            » PARTS FOR SALE
                            » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

e38 switches work.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X