No announcement yet.

To stagger or not is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are not race wheels guys, think of them as nice show day wheels. I have a proper suspension set up that is not my concern.

So please lets stop the bickering.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

So then what's the verdict on this? I bought some wheels and figure I have until Monday when they ship to change my mind. After reading this thread I was skeptical of running 9s in the back and 7.5s in the front, but the guy told me that 90% of the people get that setup. This is going on a m20b25 (with FI intentions) cabbie and I would rather not feel constant understeer, but I also don't want to slide everywhere after the swap.
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Greg, be sure to check the fitment of the inner barrels on the strut before you bolt everything together! If you put the wider barrels from the rear on the front, you might be hitting the strut!
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

This is retarded.

A. I'm not RACING to the grocery store.

B. My suspension is 450f and 700r with big boy sways (street 325i).

C. Even if I was on the track (the M3's proper home) I prefer to have some oversteer. It helps rotation immensly.

I wonder if anyone that's here arguing has ever actually been on a track, let alone in a competitive race.

Get off the bandwagon, get some balls, and GTFO of your understeering car.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            Greg, be sure to check the fitment of the inner barrels on the strut before you bolt everything together! If you put the wider barrels from the rear on the front, you might be hitting the strut!
            Yeah, I realize that. I had to do that with my 15x9/10 BBS RS for 4 lug that I had. I just hated the lack of a proper sized tire.

I have decided to go no staggered, I have enough staggered sized wheel sets.

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
              After reading this thread I was skeptical of running 9s in the back and 7.5s in the front, but the guy told me that 90% of the people get that setup. This is going on a m20b25 (with FI intentions) cabbie and I would rather not feel constant understeer, but I also don't want to slide everywhere after the swap.
              Thats my setup. I like it alot.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                because everything that is not performance oriented is crap. I know I am ruining my lap times on my non track car everytime I drive it. man am I a poser.
                Can pretty much guarantee you to swing from the hip in any thread involving key words like: M3 / Stretch / Stagger / BBS RS / 245's on a 9" rim

:razz:

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

just run 205/45s all around, then it wont matter whether or not the wheels are staggered :p

Comment

yeah 205 won't cut the mustard. They will be 225's

Comment

Working...
                    X