Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In desperate need of pics/info: Sanden fittings interfering with oil cooler

So.

I FINALLY have my car at an A/C shop to get the system finished up.

I bought a new Sanden compressor for the car based on other people's reviews of them working well. Maybe I didn't search enough, but my guy just called me and said there's no way the thing will fit. The oil cooler lines are apparently directly in the way of the fittings. He quoted me SIX HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS to make lines for it. I gave him the new compressor, an older (pretty much identical) Sanden I got when I bought my E30, plus the bracket that attached that older compressor to another E30.

Someone please post pictures of how you fixed this issue; or if you didn't have this issue, post your setup so I can see how you did it. I leave tomorrow for a race so I can't go look at my car myself.

Please help, I'm very....irked by this.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

I'm irked too because it cost less than $50 for seals to rebuild a bosch/behr. Another $25 if you want to change out the pulley bearing.

Comment

Irrelevant since my car had a broken nippondenso, but thanks.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Any thoughts or input? I know a number of people have installed Sanden compressors.

Comment

No Sanden owners out there?

Comment

What model sanden compressor?

Comment

508. I ended up being able to get a new BMW hose to work, barely. The system kicks ass.

Comment

Seems like you may have found a solution, but I know user jeffnhiscars is really knowledgeable about A/C retrofits and put a Sanden compressor in his car. If you are still having problems it may be worthwhile to PM him.

Cory
                1992 325i Cabrio
                1988 320i Touring
                2000 M5
                1977 530i
                2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                BMWCCA
                E30CCA

Comment

Oh yeah, got this figured out years ago. Thanks, though!

Comment

CAn you share what new BMW hose you used to get it to work? I got a shop to custom make one for my Sanden508, but if there is a bolt on alternative, that'd be awesome to know!

Comment

Pretty sure it was the stock hose for the Seiko Seiki compressor I had before, but don't hold me to it. It was a while ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X