No announcement yet.

Sepang Bronze E30 M3 S52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think so too. I've passed on many M3's over the years at $10k-13k, making excuses as to why I shouldn't, swapped/salvaged, etc. but in retrospect they were still good cars. This was before prices went up so I was very hesitant at the time. At the end of the day for the price I got it for, it was a no brainer.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

love the color
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

That color is super clean!! Your collection is insane.
        Originally posted by dvck
        I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Love the color.
          1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
          1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
          bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

After a year of going through the car and fixing minor issues she is registered! Still chasing some electrical gremlins but the car runs solid and really rips.
            Here's how she sits now...

Think these would look sexy on Sepang??? or would it be too much bronze? I'd like to do a bronze / shadow chrome Style 5 for this car.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
              Think these would look sexy on Sepang??? or would it be too much bronze? I'd like to do a bronze / shadow chrome Style 5 for this car.

I prefer polished lips, but otherwise those wheels would be great
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Okay, I think I fixed all of the electrical gremlins in the car and there were plenty. Whenever I rolled down the windows the instrument cluster fuse would blow. Strange since the cluster has nothing to do with the window circuits. Seems that someone thought it was a good idea to tie the passenger side window switch to the reverse light switch positive. No idea why this was done as it works perfectly as designed after rewiring it the right way.

Then while driving, I noticed the radio would shut off and on while braking and/or using the windows. I checked the radio harness which was good then measured the radio fuse and got 10.2 volts. All hot fuses measured just 10.2 volts. I traced the problem to the battery junction in the engine bay. One side was 12.7 volts and the other was 10.2 volts. I noticed that they installed the two ring connectors together on TOP of the conductor plate to a single bolt. When I removed the bolt, I could see that everything was corroded and pitted so I sanded all the contacts down and removed the pits from the conductor plate with a belt sander. When I reinstalled them I installed 1 wire on the top bolt and the other on the bottom bolt with both underneath the conductor plate instead of on top so they are now sandwiched. Went back to the fuse box and measured...12+v! So if you have a swap car, pay attention to how the harness is connected to the battery junction and make sure each wire has a good clean connection.

For illustration...

On another subject, I noticed the car has new 134A AC lines installed so I filled it up to see if the AC worked and sure enough...cold AC!!! I haven't had cold AC in an E30, in literally 20+ years. I had given up on it as R12 was scarce/expensive and the system was leaking on my old 325. AC really sucks the power out of the S14. So much so, I removed the compressor out of my M3 a long time ago. S52 M3 however, is a different breed as there is plenty of power on tap so the sacrifice is worth the cool air. Even as an M3 purist I must admit the swap really does make it a great all round street car.
                Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-23-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                  even as an m3 purist i must admit the swap really does make it a great all round street car.
                  qft
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    qft
                    S14, s52, what’s the difference ;)

Comment

Did you get rid of the condor mounts? Was going to say that if you have the trans mounts too its 100% the culprit. I don't know why people do this to street driven cars. The car just vibrates like mad with them.
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                        Did you get rid of the condor mounts? Was going to say that if you have the trans mounts too its 100% the culprit. I don't know why people do this to street driven cars. The car just vibrates like mad with them.
                        I still have them installed. That's the next issue I'm going to tackle. I'm going to make sure it's not the exhaust system rubbing against the body (that's what it feels like). Once I verify it's the mounts, I'll swap them. It just bugs the shit out of me.

Comment

I cannot tell you how many times I've installed either poly or rubber mounts on customer cars because the Condor's were just unreasonable on a street car. For a race car I totally get it but we're talking stop and go traffic in NY here!

The product is great so I don't want to sound like I'm knocking their stuff... It fits proper just not meant for a street driven car. Some people may have no issue with it but I'm 32 and I'm over that shit haha!
                          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                            I cannot tell you how many times I've installed either poly or rubber mounts on customer cars because the Condor's were just unreasonable on a street car. For a race car I totally get it but we're talking stop and go traffic in NY here!

The product is great so I don't want to sound like I'm knocking their stuff... It fits proper just not meant for a street driven car. Some people may have no issue with it but I'm 32 and I'm over that shit haha!
                            I would like to clarify this should be an explanation specific to the transmission mounts. As far as motor mounts go, I didn't notice a significant NVH increase. I was skeptic going into them because of all the horror stories I had hear about the UHMV being hard af, but I was happily surprised when I didn't shake my brain loose. An inline 6 is so balanced UHMV seems to be fine, but for a transmission, I'd never deal with that.

Comment

I got a set of condor delrin transmission mounts for my m42 and they shifting will the a sloppy old shifter alot better, at the cost of I would assume hearing loss and back problems. For 2 weeks I drove it and it really hurt my ears now I barely notice it. That's probably not good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                                I got a set of condor delrin transmission mounts for my m42 and they shifting will the a sloppy old shifter alot better, at the cost of I would assume hearing loss and back problems. For 2 weeks I drove it and it really hurt my ears now I barely notice it. That's probably not good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X