What is this plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this plug

I found this wire tucked near the firewall right behind the intake manifold. Can anyone tell me where its supposed to be plugged in? I looked all around and didn't see anything with a matching plug.

Possibly to the top of the brake fluid reservoir?

Comment

Brake fluid reservoir has its plug in place.

Comment

it goes to the icv on an eta
        Originally posted by Ferdinand
        I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Comment

There is a plug that looks identical to this one already plugged into the ICV :?

Comment

does the car run? if so how well?
            I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

Comment

It does run, and it runs exceptionally well. Idles at 740-780 all day long when its warm.

Like I said, I just randomly found this unplugged near the firewall and I don't see anything even close to a match for it nearby.

In the picture you can see it branches off from a thick black cable that looks like it runs from the battery connection on the fire wall to the fuse box.

Comment

well i might get flamed for this but i would say just tuck it away again.

Comment

i just went and looked at my car. is your water expansion tank pluged in? and i also noticed something on the firewall that might be a temperature sensor, it might go to that.

Comment

Self-Destruct switch.

Turbo M20, MSnS, 38lb, 3" no cat, RPI 12.2", ATS DTC, 240whp/240wtq, Lmnop. www.DonsGarage.net

Comment

Not too sure, but isn't that the connector for the cold start valve on eta motors?
                      Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

+1 on connector for eta motors, my car has 2 plugs like that as well and only one has a home. Runs perfectly. Since your is doing likewise- tuck it away again

Comment

That's in there to provide ballast for the front of the car, maintains your weight balance. Put it back where you found it or your car will handle like a monster truck.
                          The Keystone Killers

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          With 73k+ post, you'd think he'd have learned a little about life.

Comment

Revival of thread.

I have the same issue as OP. Now that it's cold outside, my car is having issues starting due to this plug not having the male end of the connector. No idea where to purchase one either!
                            1985 325e E30

1993 525 E34

Comment

Junkyard? Dan zimmerman in gaithersburg?
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                              X