Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe vehicle alignment system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe vehicle alignment system

Whats up guys. My name is Nick Tenhulzen. I have two engineering degrees and have been an avid car enthusiast since I was little. I love doing my own work but alignments were one of the things that I could not do because I did not have the proper tools. Looking online I realized how bloody expensive my options were, even with the poor designs available. Thus the Tenhulzen Automotive alignment gauge was born. For around 2 years I sold my gauges on ebay, and even had a group buy here on r3v. Work got in the way for a while, but now after extensive redesign the Tenhulzen Automotive alignment gauge is back with many improvements, along with a new product, the Easy-String Frame. Customers gave me good feedback and praise with the previous version of the gauge, and the new one is much better!

Check out my products below, and if you have any questions or need me to clear something up, do not hesitate to ask!

NOTE: The gauges will ship in around 5 weeks I am not asking for any money or commitments right now. By signing up on the group buy list you are only expressing interest and locking in the discounted price. Even though the gauge has already been redesigned there are a few more improvements I want to include in the final production version you will be receiving. They include a Tenhulzen Automotive branded digital gauge and plastic contact points instead of brass. Plastic was chosen over brass because it is still very durable but will not scratch wheels.

Pricing:
    Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge – reg. price $150, r3v price $120

Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster Gauge (no toe capability) reg. $130, r3v price $105

(should be a no brainer at this pricing guys, compare to the smartcamber gauge which is big, bulky, has no optional toe measuring capability, and is $225 https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...asp?RecID=1206)

Tenhulzen Automotive Easy-String Frame WITH Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge – reg. price $300 package deal, r3v price $250 package deal

Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge

Camber/Caster Gauge pictured on left, Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge pictured on right

Camber/Caster Measurement
    A digital readout instantly displays a camber measurement and with the included instructions you can measure your caster as well.
    It uses an electronic inclinometer repeatable accuracy to within 0.1 degrees.
    The gauge can be calibrated for non-level surfaces in a matter of seconds.

Toe Measurement (Optional)
    Toe is measured using the string up method. Two small measurement scales with 1/64th divisions are mounted on each end of the unit.
    The fold out measurement scales allows for more accurate toe readings, and both measurements can be seen at the same time.
    This option includes the triangulated design pictured, as well as black string.

Product Overview:
    • Accurately measures camber, caster, and optionally toe
    • Digital gauge is easy to read, even in direct sunlight
    • Calibrates for non-level surfaces in a matter of seconds
    • Robust and easy to use design
    • Measures 13” to 20” wheels
    • Plastic contact points protect wheels
    • Brushed aluminum finish
    • Extending design is extremely compact allowing the unit to fit in your glove box or tool box

Why you should buy a Tenhulzen Automotive Alignment Gauge:
    • You can perform your own alignments
    • You can dial in more camber for track days, and dial it back out for the street
    • Your shop will no longer have to outsource alignments
    • It is the only all-in-one alignment solution
    • Unit pays for itself in just one or two uses
    • The advantages over its competitors are numerous, including price, quality, ease of use, and accuracy
    • You will have freedom to make alignment adjustments whenever you wish, at no additional cost to you
    • You can help your friends with their alignments in exchange for beer

Includes:
    Gauge
    Black string (with toe option)
    Instructions
    Support
    Ability to easily and accurately measure a vehicles alignment!!!

Tenhulzen Automotive Easy-String Frame (Perfect for shops or people doing frequent alignments)

The Easy-String Frame allows quick and easy setup of the “string up method”. Placing strings beside the car that are parallel with the cars centerline gives an accurate reference to measure front and rear toe.
    This method is greatly preferred over simply measuring from the opposite side tire because the measurements are based off of the car itself, not the alignment of the other wheel.
    Simply adjust one end to the appropriate length, adjust the other end to the same length, and place one in the front and one in the rear of the car.
    The frame features notches cut into the aluminum uprights that the included cord slots into, eliminating the need for tying knots.
    The design of the frame allows the car to be aligned while up on a drive on lift or down on the ground, making it ideal for professionals and amateurs alike.

Traditionally jack stands are used to hold two strings running down each side of the car. By measuring the distance from the wheel hubs to the string an accurate measuring reference can be created. This method is acceptable for those who only perform toe alignments every once in a while and do not have a need to align their car while on a lift.

For those who are more frequently measuring or adjusting toe settings, such as racers or repair shops, Tenhulzen Automotive created the Easy-String frame. The frame turns the previously +20 minute job of setting up the string up method into a task that can be accomplished in just a couple minutes. Additionally alignments can be performed while the car is on a drive on lift, making it ideal for repair or race shops.

Features:
    • Takes less than 5 minutes to setup a string alignment
    • Frame can be used on a drive on lift or on the ground
    • Notches cut in uprights for tie-free string mounting
    • Alignment is based off cars centerline

Why you should purchase the Tenhulzen Automotive Easy-String Frame:
    • Ideal for shops or individuals that perform frequent alignments
    • Toe can be measured quickly, easily, and accurately

Pricing:
    Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge – reg. price $150, r3v price $120

Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster Gauge (no toe capability) reg. $130, r3v price $105

(should be a no brainer at this pricing guys, compare to the smartcamber gauge which is big, bulky, has no optional toe measuring capability, and is $225 https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...asp?RecID=1206)

Tenhulzen Automotive Easy-String Frame WITH Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge – reg. price $300 package deal, r3v price $250 package deal

This pricing with only last for a month, get your name on the list while you can! Once again by putting your name on the list you are NOT entering any sort of contract or obligation, you are simply expressing your interest and giving yourself the option to purchase at the discounted pricing.

If you have any questions let me know!!!

Last edited by e304me; 04-17-2013, 02:25 PM.

1. Farbin Kaiber - Tenhulzen AE-SF W/ TA Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge

Comment

2. enigmaticdream - Tenhulzen Automotive Easy-String Frame WITH Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge
      1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
      1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
      1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
      E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

come on guys lets fill that list!

And let me know if you have any questions

Comment

2. enigmaticdream - Tenhulzen Automotive Easy-String Frame WITH Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge
          3. Cletonius - camber/caster/toe gauge
          - Josh
          1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
          Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

4.ADlBOO- Tenhulzen Automotive Easy-String Frame WITH Tenhulzen Automotive camber/caster/toe gauge
            I have friends who are EOD bro.

That's awesome. I have friends who make coffee for a living, but you don't see me rocking out a bunch of lattes

Comment

4.ADlBOO- Tenhulzen Automotive Easy-String Frame WITH Tenhulzen Automotive camber/caster/toe gauge
              5. Jurt - Tenhulzen Automotive Easy-String Frame WITH Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge
              Last edited by Jurt; 04-18-2013, 08:29 PM.
              Feedback
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=270560

Comment

keep it coming guys, and hit me up with any questions!

Comment

Any intent for a pelican style, or other style storage/protective case? Will you be providing a detailed write up/methodology of alignment with the product?

Comment

yes full MEASURING instructions. Obviously performing the actual adjustments will be up to the buyer

It will also come with a (fake) leather case for the electronic unit. I will look in to a full case option

Comment

^George Graves would put instructions on how to do what his product does included. It's really something that sets a product apart from the rest, granted I don't think a full, "you turn this bolt three times..." level is required, but it does mean a lot to your end user to think of everything.

Also, do the string frames collapse, or fold up into a transportable size?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        ^George Graves would put instructions on how to do what his product does included.
                        haha, George Graves would have already taken your money and become MIA for a year without getting back to you.

I am including instructions for what my product does.....measure alignment. I can't provide instructions for adjusting every type of car and/or suspension design and providing general one size fits all instructions would simply be too much liability and risk, for both me and the customer. The product isn't designed for someone who hasn't turned a wrench before.

Compare it to a torque wrench including instructions on how to put a cylinder head on.

I do provide a descriptions and diagrams for the different alignment parameters.

Comment

5. Jurt - Tenhulzen Automotive Easy-String Frame WITH Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge
                          6. cm0180 Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post

Also, do the string frames collapse, or fold up into a transportable size?

Comment

6. cm0180 Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge
                              7. Karmatose - Tenhulzen Automotive Camber/Caster/Toe Gauge
                              "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. " - Han Solo

Comment

Working...
                              X