3.7 Trillion over the last 5 years in Welfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.7 Trillion over the last 5 years in Welfare

I am just posting this to see what the responses are from others of this board. Those that know more please chime in, but $3.7 Trillion over the last 5 years is an astronomical number. Mind blowing!

"We have just concluded the 5th fiscal year since President Obama took office. During those five years, the federal government has spent a total $3.7 trillion on approximately 80 different means-tested poverty and welfare programs. The common feature of means-tested assistance programs is that they are graduated based on a person’s income and, in contrast to programs like Social Security or Medicare, they are a free benefit and not paid into by the recipient," says the minority side of the Senate Budget Committee.
    "The enormous sum spent on means-tested assistance is nearly five times greater than the combined amount spent on NASA, education, and all federal transportation projects over that time. ($3.7 trillion is not even the entire amount spent on federal poverty support, as states contribute more than $200 billion each year to this federal nexus—primarily in the form of free low-income health care.)

More...

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

because free money
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

uh, maybe you didn't notice the nose dive the economy took the last year of GWB's presidency when we were losing 700,000+ jobs a month?

the system worked exactly like it was supposed to, and now you're complaining..

but hey, those living at the top of the income chain are richer than ever in history. hurray!
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

This number is obviously missing social security and medicare in an effort to pretend they're not welfare and demonize those who needed financial assistance to get through the worst recession in almost 100 years.

Comment

yeah, all those damn old people and kids. leeches, I tell ya!
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The weight of the poor....................................
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              uh, maybe you didn't notice the nose dive the economy took the last year of GWB's presidency when we were losing 700,000+ jobs a month?

the system worked exactly like it was supposed to, and now you're complaining..

but hey, those living at the top of the income chain are richer than ever in history. hurray!
              OMG this was just so predictable. i laughed.

and having welfare enrollee's with daily signup quota's has nothing to do with politics

the most transparent administration in history!

and congratulations for admiting, without even realizing it, what the messiah's policies for the past 5 years has done, which basically is a transfer of wealth from the poor to the wealthy
              and if you can avoid the ad hominem attack that heeter falls back on, here's a link from a very wealth man about wealth transfer under the current regime
              ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
              Last edited by gwb72tii; 10-23-2013, 10:40 AM.
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

that number works out to be just under $11k for every single person in the US as of 2012.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Cool. Let's reform that. I'd be all for it. Don't forget to include defense and corporate subsidies while we are at it. We could start with low hanging fruit like the F-35 and F-22.
                  2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                  2002 BMW M3 AlpinweiĂź/Black
                  1999 323i GTS2 AlpinweiĂź
                  1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                  - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                  1989 M3 AlpinweiĂź/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                  Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                    Cool. Let's reform that. I'd be all for it. Don't forget to include defense and corporate subsidies while we are at it. We could start with low hanging fruit like the F-35 and F-22.

Im open to reforming all spending waste. I feel that there should be a cap or a length of how long someone can use the system. Say 1 year total time in a life time, then you are no longer eligible for gov assistance.

Comment

how about holding a intellectual conversation with out name calling or throwing dirt. You of all people should be promoting this and leading by example.

My original post was not baited or put up to start slinging dirt. It was a number that is mind blowing, to think that this country spends so much on those that don't work, or under work. There are several on here that have a wealth of knowledge, and maybe could shine some light on the situation. Lets try to keep things clean!

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                        Im open to reforming all spending waste. I feel that there should be a cap or a length of how long someone can use the system. Say 1 year total time in a life time, then you are no longer eligible for gov assistance.

TANF was created by the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act instituted under President Bill Clinton in 1996. The Act provides temporary financial assistance while aiming to get people off of that assistance, primarily through employment. There is a maximum of 60 months of benefits within one's lifetime, but some states have instituted shorter periods.[3] The reform granted states wide discretion of how to distribute TANF entitlements. States also have the authority to eliminate payments to recipients altogether. Under the new act, TANF recipients are required to find a job within 24 months of receiving aid.[4] In enforcing the 60-month time limit, some states place limits on the adult portion of the assistance only, while still aiding the otherwise eligible children in the household.

Comment

Lol /sarcasm

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                          Originally posted by scabzzzz
                          I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                          1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                          2002 325i - DD
                          2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                            how about holding a intellectual conversation with out name calling or throwing dirt. You of all people should be promoting this and leading by example.

My original post was not baited or put up to start slinging dirt. It was a number that is mind blowing, to think that this country spends so much on those that don't work, or under work. There are several on here that have a wealth of knowledge, and maybe could shine some light on the situation. Lets try to keep things clean!
                            Who did I call names?

And little kids and old people are supposed to bust their ass to survive? huh?

maybe the problem is the huge imbalance between the working class and the top income brackets. Your assumption is that anyone who requires assistance is a lazy slob, but you have zero proof of that.

it's not like these people are living high off the hog. as an example most people who survive on disability (generally older people and people with er, disabilities) are well below the poverty line and have little hope of escaping. the GOP answer is to call them lazy..

Capital beats labor 1000:1
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              OMG this was just so predictable. i laughed.

and having welfare enrollee's with daily signup quota's has nothing to do with politics

the most transparent administration in history!

and congratulations for admiting, without even realizing it, what the messiah's policies for the past 5 years has done, which basically is a transfer of wealth from the poor to the wealthy
                              and if you can avoid the ad hominem attack that heeter falls back on, here's a link from a very wealth man about wealth transfer under the current regime
                              http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...poor-rich-ever
                              zero hedge.. *shock*

I'm going to start posting links from the huffington post blog sites just to have a "balance".
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X