Cranks but doesn't start :/ Please help, need car soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cranks but doesn't start :/ Please help, need car soon

My car has been running perfectly for the past 2 weeks with great gas mileage so I don't know why this happened so quickly. I was driving around last night and I noticed that my car was struggling going up a hill. I pulled over and noticed a knocking sound inside the cabin (near the back). I got out of the car and I couldn't hear this knocking outside so I concluded that it wasn't the engine. I drove down the hill so I could head back home and the car bucked 2-3 times every gear change. I floored the car to see what would happen and it didn't accelerate much at all. It was still "accelerating" at its slow-ass pace. I pulled over again, turned the car off and started it and it started fine! Drove home while it was still struggling and noticed it was idling weird (sounded like it was cammed, idle wasn't going up or down) and I turned it off, but this time it wouldn't start. All this happened in 5 minutes, went from running perfectly to not running at all. Over the past month, I've changed: spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, fuel pump, distributor cap + rotor, ignition coil, fuel pump relay, oxygen sensor, and both coolant temperature sensors. The timing belt was done about 4k miles ago. A mechanic fixed all vacuum leaks a week ago. Before the car stopped working, I had a CEL and the code was 1224 (air temperature sensor). I tried on two known working AFMs but didn't really change much. What could this problem be?

Did you try the stomp test with the two known working AFM's?

1224 Intake Air Temp. Sensor

Make sure you're harness for the AFM is completely secure.
    Open up the harness to see if there are any shorted/cut/trashed wires.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
      Did you try the stomp test with the two known working AFM's?

1224 Intake Air Temp. Sensor

Make sure you're harness for the AFM is completely secure.
      Open up the harness to see if there are any shorted/cut/trashed wires.
      No, I didn't try the stomp test was those AFM's, I see why I should have though. The harness is fine, I checked that like a week ago.

Comment

I fixed it! It was the fuel pump... even though mine was new

Comment

Working...
        X