Eta no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eta no spark

I have been building my e30 for a while now and I fixed my fuel issue and all there is now to get is a spark signal. So I checked the coil and it gets 12v. Also the resistances are in spec except primary is at 7500 instead of 5000 ohms. Would that do anything...? And also I go to test the sensors in the trans, crankshaft and speed sensor and I'm getting 960ish k ohms? Is this correct? Anyone else get similar result? The sensors are in correct locations and plugged into correct sockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R&M Performance Auto Care
    Daily: 03' 530i
    Project: 87' 325e race/track car
    BMW Gearhead/Tech

did you check the resistance of the sensors? "crank and speed"?
    Originally posted by unloadedak
    It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

960 is good for crank and speed sensors. Have you checked the simple stuff first. Relay, fuses, Fuel regulator/pump?
      sigpic

Comment

Ok so everything turnEd out to be okay I switched main relays with one that tested perfectly in all my tests and now I seem to be getting just a weak spark so hopefully it's just plugs and the secondary resistance of my coil is 7500 instead of 5000 so I ordered an msd blaster 3

BMW Gearhead/Tech

Comment

check the green wire at c101. see if it gets power
          sigpic
          The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
          On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

Comment

Ok, update because I thought I saw a spark. Call me stupid but I guess that's what my head wanted to see and thought it saw it. I have went ahead and tested the crank bell housing sensor. Resistance is correct, it gets about .5-1.5v Ac when engine is cranking. Noticed the ecu was not getting power on pins 18 and 25 I believe they are. Can't remember cause I don't have the sheet in front of me. Fixed that and it's getting power now. Going to go ahead and buy a 20 dollar ecu locally and see if anything. My last resort is the harness.... Any other suggestions?

BMW Gearhead/Tech

Comment

Working...
            X