Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 ashtray iphone holder

e30 ashtray iphone holder

now that cali is hands-free I decided to make an iphone holder that fits in the e30 ashtray, and I thought there might be some interest out there. I'm offering two versions, one that's just the holder ($22), and another that includes a 3 foot USB charger cable (add $10) - you have to provide your own USB port, I'm planning on using this one and will post pics when i install it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To install either holder you have to remove the ashtray and then remove it's lid. Pop in the holder (maybe with some hot glue or double-sided tape for added stability - but it's not absolutely necessary) and put it all back together. For the powered version you'll have to drill a hold for the USB cable - once you insert the cable in the holder (this takes some fidgeting but it works) it won't come out again.

I'm 3D printing these in PLA plastic; right now i can do black, light blue, magenta, neon green, white and gray.

This fits the smaller iphone - 6 and 6s - with NO CASE. As pictured. If you have specific requirements, i need dimensions but would be happy to work with you.

Thanks for looking!

List Date: 2/26/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: e30 ashtray iphone holder
    --------------------------------------
    On Sale For: $22.00

--------------------------------------

'89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
    '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
    '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Nice idea.

though you should give PETG a try, it's a lot easier to work with then ABS, and a lot stronger than PLA. You could probably get away with less density then you have now and still have a strong piece..
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Thanks!

I'd need different hardware to print PETG. This is not exactly a heavy part, density isn't a problem.

Comment

Can you 3d print early model front valence brackets?

Comment

Originally posted by locar View Post
          Can you 3d print early model front valence brackets?
          No, they would be too large for my very small printer. I think I do have one spare from when I milled mine out of ABS, I think it's the center one, if you're interested I can look for it this weekend. And there's someone on eBay making them, and it's not hard to fab them out of aluminum bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Semblance View Post
            No, they would be too large for my very small printer. I think I do have one spare from when I milled mine out of ABS, I think it's the center one, if you're interested I can look for it this weekend. And there's someone on eBay making them, and it's not hard to fab them out of aluminum bar.
            How much do you want for the spare? Do you have a pic?

Comment

i'll try to dig it out this weekend

Comment

Working...
              X