Meguiars PlastX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meguiars PlastX

I had heard this stuff working really good, so i bought it to use on my rear window. No pictures, but it does get rid of the hazing. I don't think it worked marvels on the fine scratches, although it did remove alot of them, there a still some. To be honest, my rear window is almost completly gone. This stuff made it so i can make out more than a giant truck shaped blob behind me

I give it a good 8/10.

i wonder if this is something I can use on the e36's front headlights to help clear them up a bit. Do you remember what you paid for hte bottle, couldnt be more than 10 bucks

Kyle
    1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
    DILLIGAF

Comment

I got it for like 6 something with tax.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer8604
        i wonder if this is something I can use on the e36's front headlights to help clear them up a bit. Do you remember what you paid for hte bottle, couldnt be more than 10 bucks

Kyle
        They sell plastic polish, you can make E36 headlights look like new with a buffer and that polish.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

TJ brings up another point, i think it would have worked better with an orbital or buffer, but i'd be afraid of burning through the window.

Comment

This stuff worked great bringing the headlught covers on my mom's E36 back from the dead. They were so bad I had to use some very fine grit sand paper to wet sand them first. Then wash with soap and water, rinse, and alternate applying and buffing in the PlastX polish and Meguiar's Gold Glass car wax until you get the results you want. My mom's were so bad I had to repeat the last step 6 times but now both her headlights look brand new.

Comment

plastic x ..

plastix is pretty weak compare to thier professional line. I use both, plastic x is kind of just like a cleaner almost... its abrassiveness is quite mild. The professional mirror glaze is much more agressive and three stage process works... I say like 3 times better than plastic x. Yes polisher does wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
                plastix is pretty weak compare to thier professional line. I use both, plastic x is kind of just like a cleaner almost... its abrassiveness is quite mild. The professional mirror glaze is much more agressive and three stage process works... I say like 3 times better than plastic x. Yes polisher does wonders.
                any brand do you recommend? where to buy?...on the professional mirror glaze or polish?

Comment

I will also attest that PlasticX works fairly well on cloudy/yellowing headlights. Have used it several times to freshen up lenses in combination with an orange pad w the Porter Cable. I noticed however that Plastic X lasts about 3-4 weeks in hot climates.

Poorboy's SSR2.5 followed by SSR1 last much longer

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

mirror glaze

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                    any brand do you recommend? where to buy?...on the professional mirror glaze or polish?
                    mirror glaze is the professional line for meguires. Go on meguirs. BMW dealership use to carry this product for thier convertible mirror cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by mtechnik View Post
                      I noticed however that Plastic X lasts about 3-4 weeks in hot climates.
                      It could be possible the reason the headlights fade in the first places is because the UV coating on the outside has worn away, sanding and polishing only removes the oxidation that occurs after the UV coating has worn completely worn away in the first place.

Thus leaving the plastic underneath to oxidize and fog up again. I would suggest giving the lights a good washing and rinsing with distilled water followed by two to three coats of a high quality flexible clear coat after using any of these products.

AWS Gorillas

-For those who help defend others against wheel-snobs and their associated douchebaggery.

Comment

Working...
                      X