No announcement yet.

Rebuilt 373 lsd powdercoated subframe w new bushings TA’s good bearings $2500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy does it everywhere, don't waste your time.. guy needs to get laid i think.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
      I've been biting my tongue, but I am constantly in the FS section and it's pissing me off seeing your overpriced shit littered in here constantly being bumped (you're welcome for this bump, by the way).

This is all quite simple:

Do your research and post reasonable prices and you'll be left alone. Heck, maybe even supported. We all have plenty of buyers that we send to other trusted sources when our customers need a part that we don't have in inventory. There are a myriad of buyers on this forum willing to pay market value, which can be assessed by doing even the tiniest bit of fucking research.

I mean come on man.

1) $1600 for a diff is insane. Why, you may ask? The average price of a used limited slip differential is $300. Rebuilding a differential completely can range from $500-$1000 depending on depth, with new LSD clutches, bearings, seals etc. Add those together for any logical human being and your max investment is like $1300 (and that's still a lot). A moderator does this service for members at hundreds less than you're asking.

1.5) in another thread you're asking $1500 for a diff that's had $100 in seals installed $40 in fluid that you're going to have to drain before shipping. That's a $300 diff, $400 since you prettied it up and resealed it. I don't know about you, but my math (meth for you) tells me that you're $1100 over what the average sale price is on the item you're selling. How do you not see that as an issue?

2) You're not a certified shop with a track record offering "new" services that could bring a premium price. You're some random ass dude from Canada posting things for sale in CAD, your pictures absolutely suck (if there are any), your descriptions are as limited as your comprehension. Therefore, even if you PAID $1600 to have the diff done, it functionally becomes second hand and lowers the value to a potential buyer. It's that simple. No one is going to pay you for the labor that you paid someone to install or remove something.

3) I personally have a full rear end setup w/ "good verified bearings" for sale for $150, with brakes. A subframe costs $60-90 to powdercoat at most shops. You haven't even specified if it's adjustable or not (or posted a picture of more than a diff cover w/ fudged up bolt). I just sold a Febi rear bushing kit for $65. Used hubs/bearings. Even if you have all of this done at a shop, used value for what you're selling is like, at best, $350. And you're marking up your $1600 differential another $900 for something that costs less than a third of that to replicate.

What it is to the forum is simply insulting. We have an enthusiast community that is arguably pretty welcoming if you don't post outrageous prices and state things like "that’s my entire cost. If you are looking to get it at my loss, then please move on".

No one is interested in buying your 17 threads of overpriced shit, but we all have to look at it every day. Consolidate your ads or something.

Or just do some research and post:

1) quality photographs
      2) good descriptions
      3) reasonable prices reflecting a representation of current market value, derived from researching sale prices (using what we call the search function).

With all that said, you have the right to post whatever price you want. For the forum, at least make your ads look professional or something if you're going to keep your pricing structure where it's at.
      Ooh, someone intelligent. Sounds reasonable. My market is in Toronto specifically. So the buyers I’m after don’t have moderators who I have to compete with, one of the biggest conflicts of interests I’ve seen on a side note.
      I am a buyer myself. I have paid higher than desperation prices, if it’s what I want or need, gladly without so much of a fuss.

Anyway, here’s a simplified sample LITTER of my stuff, depending on my personal goals and needs. In other words, stuff I don’t want or need will be priced lower and vice versa. Compared to market prices, which I’m very well aware of, it’s pretty fair, unless of course I need it for myself and hence all the triggered people....

A complete e30 s50 swap - $4-5k from efan to tailpipe
      A complete e30 s52 swap - $5-6k will be posting soon
      An almost complete ford v8 swap kit - $1600 or 3500 obo with new diff/rear
      Zender TURBO1 15” rims/tires non rustoleum powdercoated $2500
      E34 sport manual heated seats with mtech2 steering $2000

Check my Kijiji ads for more

1990 325i coupe almost rust free TRACK ONLY with negotiable tubing $6k obo

1991 320 SLICKTOP with new m20 stroker or 24v swap 50k on body and no abs

*there is more PLEASE PM to make arrangements to buy
      Please check my other ads and I can address concerns via PM

Now with the diffs. The rebuilt one you’ve stated is $1300, USD, freshly rebuilt. First and foremost, the main thing I’ve learned is that most will low ball. I have set, in my mind, a threshold that I wish to adhere to. Secondly, 99% of people will negotiate. I price my stuff according to those two priniciples, especially because I don’t put myself in a position where I’m desperate to sell. So this effectively gets rid of many low baller ‘pros’, but they ain’t going down without a fight as you can see. They’re here and everywhere else and WE ALL ARE AWARE OF THEM!!! Admittedly, a few are not vultures and are just business minded. But I guarantee I can spot a low baller in any given for sale thread, as they all sound the same and say the exact same things. Still part of the community and super opinionated.....we all know them. No need to deny they’re not, it’s just facts and they’re not going anywhere. Ironically, the JOB of the admins to regulate yes?!? Unless .....

The used and tactlessly powdecoated 373 diff I needed for the e28 lsd. So prices went higher and I could use it in my personal car. The rebuilt one, in Canadian funds, is well within your stated prices, again, taking into account low ballers and negotiation. It will end up at a true fair market price. A bit of forward thinking and we BOTH WIN. I pay that when I want something so I feel it fair.

I doubt people are unable to ‘see’ this set up of prices ....in the end it will be cheaper. I don’t mind being the bad guy about it. EVERY SINGLE person who’s spent money with me has done so repeatedly and we are friends to this day. Every single low baller who couldn’t get a desperate deal outta me, to this day, is still chasing me around on forums and bombarding me with emails every time I post something on kijiji. And there are MANY of them. I word my ads to ensure they know the kind of person I am. And that’s me line of thinking .... I AM NOT A BUSINESS WITH FIXED PRICES.....yet! I am as negotiable as anyone else, so feel free to make offers via PM and I will accommodate serious folk.....

That being said, I appreciate the time you’ve taken and I do admit you make valid points, but hopefully you understand my points as well.
      Last edited by e30sequel; 02-06-2018, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Lol... if you post up realistic prices, you won't get the "low ballers".

We tend to know what stuff is worth on here, and aren't all gullible young guys.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by e30sequel View Post
          the buyers I’m after don’t have moderators who I have to compete with, one of the biggest conflicts of interests I’ve seen on a side note.
          If I had a conflict of interest, I would have already deleted every dissenting comment in my thread advertising our services, including the ones discussing prices which are years out of date.

I'm assuming then you're also calling out MR 325 at Bimmerheads, who is a moderator and also offers professional services for our cars? I'm not sure how you view offering a paid service to members of this community as a conflict of interest to the one I/we perform for free in my/our spare time.

So please humor us and elaborate on that point.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
            Lol... if you post up realistic prices, you won't get the "low ballers".

We tend to know what stuff is worth on here, and aren't all gullible young guys.
            Understood. There is however no way to avoid tire kickers unless prices are cushioned. Also the main reason thread shitting rules are so enforced on here .....

Personally if I want something and the prices are high, it won’t stop me from trying to reason with the seller, via PM. 90% of the time BOTH parties compromise and BOTH parties win. One sided transcrions don’t exist with me as a buyer or seller. I treat people in the same manner with the same principles.

If you look through my history, I have thread shit EXACTLY ZERO times on anyone’s ads. Everyone can do what they’d like and will pay the consequences. And I need the circulation so I willingly attract non buyers for some guaranteed drama participaction....

I like driving a fast well sorted e30. That’s all I’m about really and anyone who’s dealt with me is either NEVER going deal with me or ALWAYS will. I’m cool with both

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              If I had a conflict of interest, I would have already deleted every dissenting comment in my thread advertising our services, including the ones discussing prices which are years out of date.

I'm assuming then you're also calling out MR 325 at Bimmerheads, who is a moderator and also offers professional services for our cars? I'm not sure how you view offering a paid service to members of this community as a conflict of interest to the one I/we perform for free in my/our spare time.

So please humor us and elaborate on that point.
              Brother, there were links posted from outside sources. Delete them. Don’t care to interrupt your flow of business or that of bimmerheads. Just moderate as that’s all I’m interested in. I am adhering to the rules so expect the rules to be enforced. This is like 20 pages of ads with all kinds of rules broken, with no moderation. It seemed to me like conflict of interest ...perhaps I’m wrong. Gladly accept this.
              Last edited by e30sequel; 02-06-2018, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by e30sequel View Post
                Brother, there were links posted from outside sources. Delete them. Don’t care to interrupt your flow of business or that of bimmerheads. Just moderate as that’s all I’m interested in. I am adhering to the rules so expect the rules to be enforced. This is like 20 pages of ads with all kinds of rules broken, with no moderation. It seemed to me like conflict of interest ...perhaps I’m wrong. Gladly accept this.
                See, that's where it gets tricky. If I moderate a thread advertising a differential for sale (assuming the OP meets all the basic requirements), then I could indeed be accused of conflicting interests. If you have a problem with any of the posts in your thread(s), report them. There are other active moderators who can take corrective action if it's deemed necessary.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Understood. The links posted give me more circulation which I appreciate. It’s just not allowed and since you’re following this, I figured you’d correct it. Either way, I am within the rules and have all that I can ask. Thanks for your efforts in advance and do your thing brother, I have no problems with you are any vendor that talks to me respectfully. You can expect the same from me.

Comment

I like you Bob. Sorry for giving a free bump.
                    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

I think we should stick to this rule

"Thread crapping is not allowed. If you're not interested in purchasing the item for sale or have nothing positive to add, please stay out of the thread or else be prepared for a time out. If you complain about the time out, it will be extended."

and not give him any more bumps...since they stay at the top....?

Comment

Working...
                      X