No announcement yet.

Home Improvement/Projects Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll second what flyboyx said, as usual.

I picked up a tremendous amount of knowledge from my father over the years. He was everyone's handyman. From sprinkler systems to laying tile, to building fully enclosed outdoor patios/rooms, I learned lots and lots by his side.

He was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer two weeks ago, at only 57 years of age. You can bet your ass I won't ever forget all of that time we spent together.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

oh man.....I am so sorry to hear this. please shoot me a pm if there is anything I can do. I lost my grandma this way 3 yrs ago.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

I picked up a tremendous amount of knowledge from my father over the years. He was everyone's handyman. From sprinkler systems to laying tile, to building fully enclosed outdoor patios/rooms, I learned lots and lots by his side.

He was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer two weeks ago, at only 57 years of age. You can bet your ass I won't ever forget all of that time we spent together.
        Sorry to hear about your pops. His knowledge he's passed down to you is an incredibly amazing gift to treasure and reflect on. Oddly enough, this weekend we also found out my mom has breast cancer. Very small and removable, but still very scary.

But I completely agree in the knowledge dads can pass down. I've learned how to completely shingle a roof, insulate a home, install vinyl siding, lay hardwood flooring, install and fix drywall, and a whole host of other useful tasks around the house. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten tired of me asking so many damn questions so far..
        Steve • Toronto
        1991 318is • Brillantrot
        Build Thread

Comment

I will echo Flyboy with the support from afar if needed, Melanoma on its 3rd attempt is what finaly got my Gpa manifesting in his brain as well. I learned almost every thing that is important from my gpa Everything from roofing to wiring, to how to tie a tie, make an old fasioned, fix almost anything where it sits and how to take a decent photo, not to mention to be a decent human being.

I feel for you, man... Prayers and best wishes from us.......
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

You guys are incredible. I sincerely appreciate your kind words.

Thank you.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

He was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer two weeks ago, at only 57 years of age.
              Shit :( Really sorry to hear that.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your father, cherish all the time you have left with him, he still has many things to teach you, pay attention because some of it you won't realize until after he's gone.

My best friend's father passed away a little over a year ago, he began as a second father to me and eventually a great friend. He had Kennedy's Disease (super-rare neuro-muscular disorder, he was one of ~50 in the US with it), and his body slowly degenerated around him, but he never lost his spirit, his joy, and after he was gone I realized that he taught me more about how to deal with hardship and adversity than anyone else in my life.

Best wishes to you and your family through a difficult time.

Comment

Working...
                X