Daytrading the stockmarket for fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytrading the stockmarket for fun

Does anyone play around with the market? I found this app Robinhood that lets you trade for free. Most of the big companies like TD Ameritrade charge like $7 everytime you make a trade...so atleast with Robinhood theres no charges.

Anyway I just wanted to share with you ..so if you sign up use my code and they will give us each one share to start which could be anything from $6 - $450 in value. Also i can answer a few questions. Its super easy to learn.

My friends introduced me to this a while ago, but I never used it. I just never knew what I should consider buying and all of that happy crap.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

ive used it for about a year i enjoy it i really wish we could short sell though that would make it way more fun for day trading.

Comment

Now we are talking. I use Robin Hood. I got a free share of Sirius XM when I had my brother sign up. It's legit. I sold the share after the three day holding period because....it is XM lets get real.

It's a cool app though, I've already made a little money fooling around with some stocks I've found rather interesting (HMNY).

Also, its fun to browse reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets with all the autistic people on there it reminds me of r3v.

Comment

Haven't used robin hood but I get free trading through my bank.

I buy low-expense ratio index ETFs, around the same time monthly, primarily equity based (80/20 three fund portfolio), to supplement the 401k.

Now that I'm a 1099 and can fund a SEP IRA I may stop doing this though..

Daytrading could be fun if you don't mind losing the money if it doesn't work out. I have no illusions about making money on the market just trying to invest every paycheck and retire by early 50s..

Comment

Its fun .. a slight learning curve , but i found this forum stocktwits.com and they blast all the daily picks ... so theres a chance you can jump in ..

Comment

The science jobs Ive had require a lot of waiting for reactions to happen so I got this app to pass the time. I originally put in $57 and now I'm hanging around $80. I should really just go work on Wall Street with these skillz.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                The science jobs Ive had require a lot of waiting for reactions to happen so I got this app to pass the time. I originally put in $57 and now I'm hanging around $80. I should really just go work on Wall Street with these skillz.
                Those are some impressive gainz.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                  Hey that’s better than a loss ... Robinhood will have Crypto currency soon which will be a game changer.

Comment

Bump. A friend reminded me of this and I decided to mess with it a bit. Put a little bit in and saw a 15% return in 2 days. If I can consistently manage positive returns, I'll be expanding my portfolio quite a bit. Easiest money I've ever made. Just gotta pay attention, and set your stops.

Any more experienced traders, please chime in with any tips to prevent losing! I need to get my account up so I can get in on the after hours trading. My biggest fear right now is watching it drop in the evening and not being able to do anything about it.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Ive gotten a 30% return on my AMD shares so far lol.

I played around with options during the snapchat week and got eaten alive by IV crush. Fuck Snapchat and its shitty negative earnings per share but rising value.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by 7800-RPM View Post
                        Hey that’s better than a loss ... Robinhood will have Crypto currency soon which will be a game changer.
                        why? coinbase has been around for years.
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

To give some credit, coinbase feels like ass to use so I could see robinhood making it easier.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

Trading for free is good

Just don’t mistake luck for being smart
                            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I got hosed by Citron and their article against Cronos.

Luckily, it seems to be recovering quickly as people realize the article was a lot of shit.

Come on, October!
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X