The Journey of Linda and Friends - the M20b31 Lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    Nice choice! I went with Fill and Drill E38 Style 5 as well. Mine balanced out great although I am running 225/45r16 with no spacers currently.

I may space mine out a bit in the rear.

Dude, nice! Those look great. I didn't refinish mine because I wanted to move up my timeframe, but I will eventually. I envy your front brake kit. Next round of mods down the road will be the IE front BBK, lose the spacer up front, add 225/45s. I think the car will be plenty grippy on the 215s though.

Originally posted by wworm View Post
    fitment looks freakin perfect.
    Thanks man!

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
    +1 Fitment looks spot-on.

I'm feeling the momentum building...

MJ
    Momentum is building indeed! Waiting on the head from Kevin and I can start reassembly.

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
    I've been awaiting for you to mount these wheels for agessssss. They look awesome! Mine also balanced out pretty good, but I get a slight vibration around 70-75 mph and it gets worse the faster I go. I heard if it was a balance issue i'd be getting that vibration around 55. Hopefully your's ride a bit better!
    Thanks! Man.. that is quite frustrating. I'm hoping I don't have that issue. I've had problems with hubcentric spacers in the past to where they never really feel "right". I'm crossing my fingers. And yes, typically balance issues happen around 55 for whatever reason and then go away once you pass that speed. But I'm sure that's not one size fits all. What tires are you running on yours?
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Back on track. The car looks like complete car again! keep up the work warm weather is right around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
        Back on track. The car looks like complete car again! keep up the work warm weather is right around the corner.
        Thanks man! Once the cylinder head is finished up (waiting on new rocker arms) I'll start reassembly!

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
          Dude, nice! Those look great. I didn't refinish mine because I wanted to move up my timeframe, but I will eventually. I envy your front brake kit. Next round of mods down the road will be the IE front BBK, lose the spacer up front, add 225/45s. I think the car will be plenty grippy on the 215s though.

Thanks man!

Momentum is building indeed! Waiting on the head from Kevin and I can start reassembly.

Thanks! Man.. that is quite frustrating. I'm hoping I don't have that issue. I've had problems with hubcentric spacers in the past to where they never really feel "right". I'm crossing my fingers. And yes, typically balance issues happen around 55 for whatever reason and then go away once you pass that speed. But I'm sure that's not one size fits all. What tires are you running on yours?
          Sweet, yea I wanted to run as large as I could without fender roll due to the S54.

If you remove the spacer up front with stock brakes you may need a slight spacer to clear the E30 brakes with the Style 5's. Mine cleared without due to the slimmer BBK.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Sweet, yea I wanted to run as large as I could without fender roll due to the S54.
            If you remove the spacer up front with stock brakes you may need a slight spacer to clear the E30 brakes with the Style 5's. Mine cleared without due to the slimmer BBK.
            Yeah, I know- that's the only reason I'm running the front spacer (wish I had the dough for the slim IE BBK). Clears with an 8mm but I got a 10mm hubcentric in hopes for keeping things centered better.

I rolled my rears, so the 15mm spacer looks perfect. You could probably get away with a 5-10mm out back without a roll.

Comment

Yeah, I know- that's the only reason I'm running the front spacer (wish I had the dough for the slim IE BBK). Clears with an 8mm but I got a 10mm hubcentric in hopes for keeping things centered better.

I rolled my rears, so the 15mm spacer looks perfect. You could probably get away with a 5-10mm out back without a roll.
              Thats what I am thinking, I have 10mm hubcentric spacers laying around, I am going to try them on the rear and see how that looks. I am leaving the fronts exactly as is. They fit perfectly right now.

I cant wait for this weather to get better so I can get back to working on my car.

Comment

Thats what I am thinking, I have 10mm hubcentric spacers laying around, I am going to try them on the rear and see how that looks. I am leaving the fronts exactly as is. They fit perfectly right now.

I cant wait for this weather to get better so I can get back to working on my car.
                Warmth is right around the corner!

I only have so much time to devote to car stuff, so I have to focus on selling parts for a month, and then I take a week to work on the car and then go back to the parts cars again. I can't wait until I have just the iS and M3 to tinker with and the rest of this junk behind me.

Comment

How much were the tires? I might need to replace the Dunlops on mine soon and Ive heard good things about those Falkens. Theres nothing wrong with the Dunlops, but they have moved on to a more aggressive ZIII
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    How much were the tires? I might need to replace the Dunlops on mine soon and Ive heard good things about those Falkens. Theres nothing wrong with the Dunlops, but they have moved on to a more aggressive ZIII
                    With my rebate they were only $109 shipped! The ZIIIs are way too much money for what they are IMO. But I'm also cheap and don't drive that much.
                    Last edited by AWDBOB; 02-24-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

With my rebate they were only $109 shipped! The ZIIIs are way too much money for what they are IMO. But I'm also cheap and don't drive that much.
                      Wow thats a great price! When my ZII wear out its a good option.

Comment

Wow thats a great price! When my ZII wear out its a good option.
                        Yes it was a great price! Without the rebate they come out to $126 a tire shipped through Discount Tire via Ebay. Looks like the rebate expired on the 19th of Feb.

Comment

I'm running on 205/45/16 Yokohama S.drives with 10mm spacers all around. I'm currently monster trucking around on stock suspension though so no rubbing or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
                            I'm running on 205/45/16 Yokohama S.drives with 10mm spacers all around. I'm currently monster trucking around on stock suspension though so no rubbing or anything.
                            Oh okay! I just realized your car is the beautiful calypso car in the classifieds.

I got my throttle body in from Riot Racing today. I went into the TB bore thinking the price was $235 minus $100 core making it $135, but alas it was $235 plus $100 core, still making it $235. I sent my unit in ahead of time so I didn't find out until I was too far into the process. Had I known this (my fault) I'm 99% sure I never would've sent it in, but they did a great job on it.

Todd was nice enough to plug and machine the front vacuum hole for me (that I was already going to plug). Now I can focus on getting the throttle body heater plate plugged and redo the rest of the vacuum lines with sealed fittings.

I called the machinist that has my cylinder head (who is a very cool older gentleman that has a full shop in his garage) and he must've gotten bored with dealership work because he started cleaning up up all the ports on the head, and is thus taking longer than expected. Once I get that back this should be a weekend job to get it all up and going again. I'll have to have a custom midpipe made as well.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

Comment

woo! Looks like things are coming together!
                              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Good progress! Are you keeping the throttle body warmer or blocking it off?
                                2009 BMW 328i xDrive (Daily/winter drift king)
                                1987 BMW 325i (Currently torn apart)
                                Instgram: @Ebola.30

Comment

Working...
                                X