First e30 purchase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First e30 purchase.

Hello everyone I’m new to the fourm, but not new to bmw’s. I have never owned a e30. Recently I won a eBay auction for a 1989 e30 325i in mint condition. I was in search of a California car due to lack of rust. I’m located in New York. The eBay seller had a few pictures posted on eBay auction, but seemed dated and not clear. After wining the auction I asked seller send more up to date pics, because I so excited to own my first e30. I will admit, im no e30 guru, but something looks kinda off with the front. Looks pushed in on driver side under the grills. Also the driver side looks off as well. I question seller about it. He stated that it’s 30 year old car and some things may not line up. And that it has never been hit and it has all matching vins. Can someone point out what’s going on with the front of this car. Also transporter is due to pick up car end of the week
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156429.../shares/c7edTk

https://flic.kr/p/23arMLk
    Last edited by Mk2dude; 02-20-2018, 11:14 AM. Reason: Pics

you better have it fully inspected and get it ready for a new timing belt.
    mine is 30 years old too but it lines up...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

"It's xyz years old" is never a valid reason for body panels not lining up properly. If it was just the hood, it was probably pulled for engine work. But the driver's side fender/door don't line up well as well.
      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Looks to me like the drivers side fender panel was fussed about with...Could just be a matter of refitting but I'd be a little wary of it.
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

The front of that car has multiple body panels that are slightly off. look how the front turn signals dont light up inside the bumper and between the bumper trim and rest of the plastic bumper there are big gaps. the front corner of the passenger side fender is bent downward. mostly likely this car had a front end accident at some point in its life. Prob not bad enough to have a claim filed.

The Build:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

My guess is; it was probably hit at some point.

When ever someone is selling a "mint" 30 Y/O car, take that as a red flag.
            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
            Q
            :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Could they be vert fenders?

Comment

Note - no close up pics of the right side of the car, only side on.

Seems a bit sketchy - it may have only had a minor accident on that side, which isn't really a big a deal if fixed properly. If that were the case though, surely you'd admit that it was in a minor accident that has been fixed.
                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                X