Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brought my car home. My 1989 325 has been sitting at my dads house for the past 3 years. We will see what 2018 brings to the table....

Thats Little Nasty Nestor down there....
    Last edited by EREKSHUN; 01-08-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Changed fuel filter, replaced my antenna grommet and took a lousy picture at the BMW dealership nearby on my test drive

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Got my uncles 316i Baur in the workshop today.
        He bought this E30 a while back and only drove it to the inspection center to get it registered. The previous owner changed the waterpump and timing belt just before my uncle bought it. 51k original kms (31k miles).

I had to change some random interior bits that were broken. Handbrake handle had some marks in them from a dog chewing on it, the passenger door handle had a broken hinge point. Just small stuff. When replacing the handle though, I noticed some kind of marking on the inside of the door in the paint. Anyone that has seen something like this before? The plastic foil on the inside was still original and as far as I can tell I'm the first one to ever remove it.

I also changed the oil and filter. Turns out the last time the filter got changed was in somewhere in '96. I decided to remove the valve cover to inspect the valve train for deposits but it was still pretty clean in there.

The inside of the valve cover had some deposits on it but nothing bad.

Also took this picture of his Baur and my iX Touring :)
        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Pulled my E30 out of the trailer, over winter storage, found a huge puddle(?) of oil under the car. Checked my engine oil and its fine, checked my transmission oil and its half missing... Haven't checked into it yet but will tomorrow. Also it is over due for a transmission fluid change.

Feedback Thread

Comment

What did you do to your E30 today?

Replaced the zip in window in my 93 vert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by htseng; 03-12-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Finally got around to flushing my brake fluid, which looked like diesel oil lol. Flushing the fluid weirdly fixed two problems that recently popped up.

My batt would come on when I started the car and would stay on until I revved it up to ~1000 rpm. When I first saw this I tested the alt and it would charge at ~14v while the light was on. Also, my brake fluid light would intermittently come on. After the flush, neither have come back on...
              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
              Q
              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Replaced the broken radio/heater control plastic piece:

Before:

After:
                Last edited by nick_318is; 08-20-2018, 06:44 PM. Reason: fix pictures

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Helical View Post
                    what kind of f**kin teaser pic is this!?

wheres the update to the build thread!!
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      what kind of f**kin teaser pic is this!?

wheres the update to the build thread!!
                      Hahaha! I updated it sir. I haven’t actually laughed at a r3v comment in a while.

Comment

Installed my is front valance a couple days ago, I know it doesn’t paint match, the cars going to get painted, eventually..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        sigpic

Comment

Finally finished up getting my Koni yellow's and H&R Super Sports installed last night.

Steve • Toronto
                          1991 318is • Brillantrot
                          Build Thread

Comment

That is the perfect stance IMO :up:
                            1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                            1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                            E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
                              That is the perfect stance IMO :up:
                              Agreed - going to drive it for a bit to let the suspension settle and decide if I want to raise the rear very slightly or leave it as is.

Also going to depend on what my new wheel / tire combo will be.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Completed cooling system overhaul started a few weeks ago. Flushed system, drained, and installed new radiator, water pump, all hoses, fan clutch. While I was in there, I changed the timing belt, v-belts, plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor.

Tomorrow I will flush out any remaining dirty water, fill up with coolant, purge any air, and go for a ride. Fingers crossed it will start.

Up next, MMO, an oil change shortly thereafter, and a new oil level sender unit.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/jgilber0/Lu5S38

Last edited by jgilber0; 04-29-2018, 02:17 AM. Reason: Added photos
                                Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                                1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                                Palm Beach County

Comment

Working...
                                X