No announcement yet.

rx7/corrado upgrade progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only cost to me were the calipers which I paid a hundred bucks for (60k km's on them, from a mint car that was freshly peeled off a lightstand). I got hooked up on the machine work for the brackets and downsizing the bolts. Oh and a coffee for the spacers. The rest is just standard wear items (disks, break in pads and Hawk HT10s). I also bought the shim/spring kit from Mazda. The RX7 guys tell me all the shims do is make your pedal feel a bit softer and remove squeal. I put them in... bleh.

Just went for a quick testdrive on monday, brakes feel great! Can't wait to try them with the Hawk pads on a track.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD View Post
      The only cost to me were the calipers which I paid a hundred bucks for (60k km's on them, from a mint car that was freshly peeled off a lightstand). I got hooked up on the machine work for the brackets and downsizing the bolts. Oh and a coffee for the spacers. The rest is just standard wear items (disks, break in pads and Hawk HT10s). I also bought the shim/spring kit from Mazda. The RX7 guys tell me all the shims do is make your pedal feel a bit softer and remove squeal. I put them in... bleh.

Just went for a quick testdrive on monday, brakes feel great! Can't wait to try them with the Hawk pads on a track.
      Fd brakes are teh shit, except for their high speed brake fade which I'm not a fan of...
      R

Comment

Originally posted by The Driver View Post
        Fd brakes are teh shit, except for their high speed brake fade which I'm not a fan of...
        Sounds like you need a pad upgrade.I know guys who run HT10s all day 30 min at a time balls to the wall (one is a Viper) and the pads never crack 95 degrees, let alone fade.

Comment

Dmitry, you must take me for a spin in that thing. Oh, and I don't have a non-broken glovebox latch.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe View Post
            Dmitry, you must take me for a spin in that thing. Oh, and I don't have a non-broken glovebox latch.
            For sure man. Taking it to get the 2nd muffler installed this Friday, then gonna break in the rotors with the cheap pads, order the HT10s and then find a Dunnville lapping day. There's a MoSport GP lapping day in May but I don't know if I'll have enough coin for that (and I'd want to test the car on a cheap track day first).

Comment

Sounds like you need a pad upgrade.I know guys who run HT10s all day 30 min at a time balls to the wall (one is a Viper) and the pads never crack 95 degrees, let alone fade.
              Ah, I just bought Brembo Blanks but the Pads I'm still unsure I was thinking Hawks because I hear nothing but good about them. Then again fade is only backing hard from 160ish territory. Anything below 150 is a breeze.
              R

Comment

what set of pads do i use? ones for vented rear rotors or sold rear rotors?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic49 View Post
                  what set of pads do i use? ones for vented rear rotors or sold rear rotors?

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resul...&perfcat=track
                  Why are you looking into rear rx7 brakes?

FWIW the best price for Hawks I got from (and bought from):

Comment

Why are you looking into rear rx7 brakes?

FWIW the best price for Hawks I got from (and bought from):

http://www.lpiracing.com

i'm not when tire rack pulls up rx7 pads it asks if the rear rotors are vented or solid when selecting the front pads

Comment

i'm not when tire rack pulls up rx7 pads it asks if the rear rotors are vented or solid when selecting the front pads
                      Oh ok. Those are the lower end cars. Shop for FD pads (93+), same pads but no ambiguity with models.

Comment

Oh ok. Those are the lower end cars. Shop for FD pads (93+), same pads but no ambiguity with models.

thank you sir. i now have elys old car and am working on building up a spare parts bin for the track

Comment

thank you sir. i now have elys old car and am working on building up a spare parts bin for the track
                          You're welcome, sir!

Comment

for fc's it would be the vented rear that has the 4 piston up front
                            i just sold mine such a pain in the ass that car

Comment

As they say, picture's worth a thousand words, here's the final design. Well mine will have the cutout on the other side still, can't fix that now, but it's still plenty thick:

bump for an old thread. so this the design that works?
                              looks great

Comment

Originally posted by ehrnst View Post
                                bump for an old thread. so this the design that works?
                                looks great
                                It most certainly does. I adore my brakes!

Comment

Working...
                                X