No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I so wish I could own one here... suppressors make my shooting life wonderful

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Little update, so apparently very soon, a trust will still require fingerprints and photo.

Armed with this information, I went ahead and purchased a trust. I'm going to get the ball rolling and have my 6920 turned into a SBR lower. I don't mind doing fingerprints, but it's an extra hassle. I'll worry about that later in the year when I'm equipped to purchase a can.

At least this way, I'm only out the same amount of money a sig brace would end up costing, and I can just slap this new upper on once my stamp comes in. I'll build another lower to keep the current Colt upper on later.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Well, I couldn't bring myself to alter my Colt in any way....

So.....

Order placed. This will be getting the SBR treatment, that way my Colt will still be able to go over the border/camping trips.

Haven't decided what trigger will be going in yet. I'm thinking just a standard mil-spec. As much as people bitch about the trigger in my 6920, I kind of like it. That said, I'm no trigger snob.

Also any real reason for a fancy BCG? I'm seriously considering the PSA premium BCG for $99. Not looking to drop a lot of cash on this thing, as long as it is reliable and fun to shoot, I'll be happy. Hell the stamps when all said and done will cost almost as much as the rifle.
        Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 01-09-2016, 10:18 PM.
        No E30 Club
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

^ I really want to build one out of a quality 80% lower. However using a CNC machine is the only acceptable way to me. I'd have to pay someone, I konw this is a very gray area.....

Comment

Yea I considered an 80%, but figured since I plan to dump $200 on the thing and practically put a ring on it's finger, I'll just go with one made to mil-spec.
            No E30 Club

Comment

Been bumping this alot, but whatever. Never posted a photo with the "carry handle" installed. I really, really like it!

No E30 Club

Comment

Looks good with the carry handle!

I don't think you can really go wrong with a PSA BCG.
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Anyone have experience with CenterfireSystems?

Was looking at buying a fairly basic AK74 From there.

Assuming I can find out more about the quality: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ak74-bsr.aspx
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Does anyone else hat the price of 22lr ammunition. Christ.
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

Assuming I can find out more about the quality: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ak74-bsr.aspx
                      Honestly I don't think you can go very wrong with any AK really. Sure, people will bitch about minor details, but damn near every one is going to go bang 100% of the time.

Filed my Form 1 today. I don't know why I thought it was so complicated! It will suck when fingerprints/photo is required, at least until they update to accept scans of fingerprints.

Ended up using the Colt since it's most likely to be around for a long time. Spikes lower will be built into a pistol, and I'll bounce my short upper around depending on what I'm doing.

I also think I'm going to order a Colt Commando 11.5" barrel for my 6920 eventually. Oh, the possibilities. I think I'm hooked.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                        Does anyone else hat the price of 22lr ammunition. Christ.
                        http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr

Comment

22lr is hilariously priced, Went to a gun show for the first time and there was an entire 4 tables stacked with it at like 150% over normal price.
                          willschnitz

Comment

no skin no care

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

22lr is hilariously priced, Went to a gun show for the first time and there was an entire 4 tables stacked with it at like 150% over normal price.
                              You should have went a couple of years ago when the shortage was real bad.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                Looks good with the carry handle!

I don't think you can really go wrong with a PSA BCG.
                                Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                You should have went a couple of years ago when the shortage was real bad.
                                Theres still basically an artificial shortage here, every time fleet farm restocks it people buy it immediately, and they even limit to a box per person per day.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X