Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW HERE! What do you think about the price.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW HERE! What do you think about the price.

Just bought a 1988 E30 yesterday. I did a Carfax and the car was not driven for 9 years. It sat in a garage in RI. The car was obviously never driven in the snow or kept outside because there is no visible rust. No reported accidents. The guy who I bought it from worked for a body shop just miles from where Connecticut meets RI. His boss told him about the vehicle and so he purchased it in 2015. The odometer was working prior to his purchase because I see it on the Carfax, however at some point it stopped working. He had another vehicle which was his daily drive so in that year and a half that he had it he hardly drove it, except to drive it down to West Palm Beach from Connecticut. Last odometer reading was 186,199. We estimate it has about 189,000 miles. Have plans to fix the odometer. Only other issue is the A/C. He said it was working perfectly. Compressor is new. He thinks it might be the fan switch. The car is in EXCELENT condition. The interior is perfect, except for a small piece where the stitching is coming apart on the driver's seat, but since it's right on the stitching it can probably be sewn back. Timing belt and water pump were done last year, plus other items. The cruise control works. Both windows in the back open up. The front windows both work and go down smooth. I got the car for $2,800. What do you all think about the price? I posted pictures as public on my profile, so you should be able to see them there. Let me know if you can't.

looks clean. pretty good deal for the condition i think. welcome to the E30 world
    '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
    '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
    '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Comment

You did fine on the price, but not sure why you are asking as you have already purchased the car.

Welcome to the community!
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Price

Yes! I did already purchase the vehicle, but I am asking anyway to see what other's opinions are on the price. If I would have overpaid for it "oh well too late now" and if I didn't then I guess I will feel good knowing that I got a good deal. Just asking! I did look for the Kelly Blue Book value, but that, I believe, only went as far back as 1992. Then I searched N.A.D.A. and that one goes all the way back to 1952. On that I got $3200 for the low end and over $5000 for the high end. Thank you for your replies and for welcoming me to the community. Lisa

Comment

Yes I would say you got a hell of a deal. I would not hesitate to spend $3k on that car. At least from what I can see in the pictures. Find some sport seats and 5 speed swap and you have a $7k car. Is it 5 lug swapped or just adapters?

Comment

Shftr8, Thanks for your comments! I would love to do some after market mods, but I kind of want to keep it as original as possible. I actually want to get rid of those rims. They are too big and I don't like how they look. Those are 17's. They are just adapters. The previous owner did that. I would like another style BMW rim, in a 15 or 16 inch.

Comment

Working...
            X