Castro or JMP??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s1uma1 View Post
    Appreciate your feedback. I teeter A LOT. Now I'm thinking about keeping the 318is and getting a 325is to complement. I'm sure the m20 feels like a rocket compared to the m42...
    The torque is nice. You'll love it.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I bet. I won't have to rev the snot outta my car just to keep up with you on angeles crest LOL

Comment

Why not boost the m42? Put a turbo on it and make reversible mods so that you could return it to it's original state if you needed to sell it?
        sigpic
        Gun control means using both hands
        Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
          Why not boost the m42? Put a turbo on it and make reversible mods so that you could return it to it's original state if you needed to sell it?
          I don't want to deal with removing and reinstalling every 2 years to smog my car... it's a pseudo daily driver so needs to be smoggable...

Comment

I bet. I won't have to rev the snot outta my car just to keep up with you on angeles crest LOL
            you can get down the mountain faster too, when you have to take a shit after all that chili

hahahahah
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

THAT's the most important aspect... yes, i agree.

Comment

lol

Anyways, back on topic;

So, now you're teetering between a swapped car or a stock 325iS?

Comment

lol

Anyways, back on topic;

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                    lol

Anyways, back on topic;

Yeah. I try to convince myself i can sell the 318is... and i'm almost there, but everytime i drive it... i have to reconvince myself, especially since it's so dialed in now. Runs like new.

So instead of selling it and getting a swapped e30, figured i could get a 325is for around 3-4K and start working on that slowly. M20's lighter anyways... i'd LOVE a red 328is w/ black interior

Comment

A properly sorted and executed S52 swap is the perfect e30 in my opinion. Will you have a lot of those "well while I'm in there moments" of course, but it's all stuff worth doing so you just do it once and do it right. I'd go that route and wouldn't look back.

The only other option is with the drop in prices for a S54, it might makes sense to go that route if you have the pocket book. I would say that would make a dream e30.

Originally posted by blunttech
                      Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on a s50 swapped e30. Spoke with a referee and was told that s50 swapped e30's should be easy to BAR, since OBD1. He also said there wouldn't be any problem adding a Dinan supercharger kit after the fact.... no need to get re-BAR'd. So that's the route i'm going. Selling the 318is, get my s50 swapped e30, install some JP headers and a dinan s/c and all the while being CARB legal. =P

Comment

Well, I'll be driving behind you from now and on haha

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on a s50 swapped e30. Spoke with a referee and was told that s50 swapped e30's should be easy to BAR, since OBD1. He also said there wouldn't be any problem adding a Dinan supercharger kit after the fact.... no need to get re-BAR'd. So that's the route i'm going. Selling the 318is, get my s50 swapped e30, install some JP headers and a dinan s/c and all the while being CARB legal. =P
                            Supercharged S50/S52 or even M52 seems to be most cost effective and good for more than enough power in an E30 if you believe in such a thing. What'd you pick up the S50 E30 for if you don't mind me asking?
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              Supercharged S50/S52 or even M52 seems to be most cost effective and good for more than enough power in an E30 if you believe in such a thing. What'd you pick up the S50 E30 for if you don't mind me asking?
                              PM'd you.

Comment

Working...
                              X