• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rd rear

pretty sure they made two models, one for rd exhaust a nd one for oem

Comment

Originally posted by niccuhles View Post
      Was this made for metal bumpers? Could that be the reason why it's not lining up?
      The label on the box in the photo says 9/87 and after.

Originally posted by Jmacchi View Post
      pretty sure they made two models, one for rd exhaust a nd one for oem
      I'm fairly certain RD only made headers, which wouldn't affect the tailpipe opening at all.

Comment

So I finally got lucky and got through to Scott at Racing Dynamics and
        he said the part # ending in 015 is the correct one for an E30 with aftermarket exhaust w/straight tips. And RD did sell a catback exhaust, so I was wrong about that. They also made another version ending in 017 that was for the stock OE angled tailpipes.
        When I explained to him that the opening is off center to the right, he was confused also, as the OE with angled pipes angles to the driver's side, which is opposite of where this one would have the opening. Going to check the part # on the inside of the apron just to be sure it matches the box label though.
        I could always cut the existing metal valance and try and center the exhaust better, but I think it's better to just pass it on to someone who wants it more that I do.

Comment

Glad you sorted that out.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

That is where I was going w/ asking about your current exhaust.

Glad it is sorted out. Even better to hear that Racing Dynamics was able to speak to the matter. I have had zero benefit from contacting AC Schnitzer with just minimal feedback from Rossisters. Dinan was really unable to help over the phone, but a series of emails help sort out some newer tuning done to my E34 Dinan 5.
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I've had 2 RD rear valences and they both lined up like this. Seems really weird to me that they did it like this. I just cut the opening on the rear valence to match RD and positioned the exhaust accordingly.
              Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
              COTM Aug 2019

Comment

your fine man my zender has a similar fitment

Comment

Working...
                X