Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post a picture of your m10 powered car

we're the bastards of r3v so post 'em up

My baby most likely developed a rod knock literally the day after it passed smog two weeks ago. Now shes sitting at my moms waiting for me to sort out what i'm doing with my other cars before i can tear into it. I've been thinkng a m50 swap but I feel like i almost prefer having the bastard motor.
    Last edited by rommaster2; 11-14-2017, 12:04 PM. Reason: trying to get pics to post

Comment

Raise your head high! The M10 is one of the best engines BMW ever made. No shame for those running them, even if it's the castrated e30 version.

Here's a weber sidedraft system that went together yesterday for an M10 (albeit in a 2002).

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

^ that's so COOL!!
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

You might just need rod bearings and be back on the road. Early L-JET cars revved up to much on start-up so rod bearings always gave out early. I used to refresh my E30 M10s at about 175K (I had many E30 318i cars back in the 90's). If the engines checked out otherwise, I would replace rod bearings, the oil pump and the exhaust valve guides. All of the cars were solid with great compression after that "maintenance."

Comment

Yeah I’ve been debating that, though I already bought a new daily 2010 Corolla so I finally have a car I’m not tempted to mess with. The fact she passed smog the day before means I’ve got two years before she needs it again which is perfect time for me to swap or do a mild performance rebuild (2.0 conversion, and cam). The car has an unknown amount of miles on it but I know when I did the head gasket the cylinder walls still had visible cross hatching.

I think really the only reason I’m not sold on a swap is because I love having the oddball motor.

Comment

Here's mine. Paint is peeling bad and now it's sitting in the garage waiting for a head gasket replacement (external coolant leak near cylinder 1), and a new ignition switch.

Bumpers have also been tucked since this picture was taken.
              Attached Files

Comment

84 318i full Zander kit. NOS Front valance not. I’m gathering parts for the M10 rebuild and plan to pull motor soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                OBD1 S52 E36 Compact
                84 318i M10 Zender

Comment

I loved my e21 and my 84 318. that m10 is a great motor. I always regret selling the 84 because it was such a good little car. mine looked very similar to the one in the post above but I had an ES valance and it was lower. mine was the same weird greenish color with gold weaves.

here is mine before I put the valance on and when we were trying out different wheel looks. I actually have my e21 rim on the back for some reason.

sorry for small pic
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just picked this thing up a couple weeks back and have been messing around with it. At one point it set some class records in hill climb racing. Stripped down to about 1900lbs it goes pretty good but runs really rich. I’m converting back to more of a daily /track car. Already got some used doors the take all the guts out for my previously gutless doors. Now I’ve got windows and my central locking system now works after soldering the fuse in the CLCU that’s known to go out. Just re timed the distributor and doing a valve adjustment soon, then will the time again if needed. Then I will start trouble shooting the rich air fuel mixture. The ICV has been replaced with a ball valve at half mass! Got a used ICV and once I get the proper hoses will be putting that on as well. Wish there was more info on the forum for the e30 m10b18 owners!
                    Attached Files

Comment

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                      X