The/My 88 M3 antfarm/rustbucket rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
    thanks man. itll probably stick around till its running.
    Do it! Don't abandon the poor thing in its time of need. I'd love to take it off your hands but I'd need to sell a lot of stuff before bringing something like that in.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

no you cant deliver pizzas in it when its done eric....
      hahahah. is there a way i could bribe you with pizzas..:up:
      M Coupe

Comment

I'm jealous of this car, don't sell it! I obviously don't know why you are selling, but my .02...

If it were me, I'd be stressed out because it seems like the project is getting bigger and bigger and you complete one thing and find 10 more that need to be done...all within the self-imposed deadlines and with a financial crunch.

So I guess, if I'm close...don't rush it, rebuilding this car should be fun, not stressful...if you can't afford something, just slow down and save some cash.

Also, could you complete some other, more labor oriented things on the car to help you feel like it is progressing? Clean up the engine bay? Clean up the interior? Trunk? You know what I mean? I rebuilt a 71 camaro rs/ss some years ago and that always helped me...when we hit a snag with the 383 we were building, I put together and detailed the interior that was sitting around...installed all new wiring and fuse panel...I saw progress and it made me feel better about the project in general.

Sorry if I'm off base, I guess I just wish I was in a place in my life to do a project like this...or at least be able to help you with this one...actually...hmm, I kind of am...if you guys need an extra set of hands let me know...I don't have any tools and don't know BMW's, but I take direction well and I'm not a total retard. If it helps you get through the project and you keep it, I'm in. I'm not exactly employed right now lol...

Lyle
        92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
        sigpic

Comment

Fundraiser!!!!

Comment

dropped off the block today along with the pistons and crank. hope to hear from them whats up tomorrow. im stoked

Comment

so went to the machine shop today crank needs to be polished, con rods are in good shape.....block.......is cracked in 7 places.

so now im on the hunt for a good block. this is NOT something i was planning on, oh well..

Comment

ugh :(
                M Coupe

Comment

so went to the machine shop today crank needs to be polished, con rods are in good shape.....block.......is cracked in 7 places.

so now im on the hunt for a good block. this is NOT something i was planning on, oh well..
                  Ouch, that's no good. Sorry to hear this's turning into a money pit like that.

Comment

Update on my end, I got a job that starts in a week or so, but I just spent almost a grand on tools, so...lemme now if you'd like me to make the drive down to help out, I'm in...
                    92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lylefk View Post
                      Update on my end, I got a job that starts in a week or so, but I just spent almost a grand on tools, so...lemme now if you'd like me to make the drive down to help out, I'm in...
                      hah, right on, thanks. its all on pause right now as i search for a block. when i get back into the swing of things ill let you know. im just kind of doing little things to it here and there. youre more than welcome to come down whenever though to BS with the PDX crew.

Comment

Damn that sucks! I'll keep my eye open for a good block.

Any unforseen damage to the head?
                        Chris
                        90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
                          Damn that sucks! I'll keep my eye open for a good block.

Any unforseen damage to the head?
                          This is what I am nervous about as well...
                          Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                          That Guy.
                          03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

i havent had the head looked at yet. i was just going to start with the bottom end for now. and do the top end when i got more cash together.

Comment

How did this block crack again?? :(
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                                How did this block crack again?? :(
                                Usually overtightening the head is one way that I've had happen before on the bottom end of one of my motors. Previous owner used an impact gun to tighten down the main bolts on a 327 I had, cracked around 5 of the holes in the block.

Comment

Working...
                                X